Polytechnic courses have seen a significant rise in terms of demand and job opportunities in the country. Students who are interested in pursuing a polytechnic diploma courses can find the best polytechnic courses in India here. The eligibility criteria and job prospects are also provided.
There are many new and popular courses that have made a place for themselves in the education sector. Students are getting more and more options to make their way towards a better and satisfying career for themselves. One such course that comes under the non-traditional and modern programmes is polytechnic. Polytechnic has been included by a massive number of colleges in India and abroad and every year, numerous students enroll themselves in a polytechnic course of their choice.
This article contains all the information related to the Polytechnic course. Students who wish to know about polytechnic and its advantages can find all relevant details here. Polytechnic is basically a diploma in technical courses. Th polytechnic courses are ideal for students who wish to build their career in technical fields but do not want to or cannot attain that destination via the usual path of getting a bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology right after completing higher secondary education. Polytechnic courses are diploma level programmes that the students can enroll in and later on they can defer to a B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) or B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering) course to pursue a career in engineering. Joining a B.Tech course via lateral entry is also possible after pursuing a polytechnic course. Polytechnic courses give students an insight into the technicality of engineering and its subjects.
Best Polytechnic Courses in India
Owing to the increasing popularity and demand for polytechnic courses, many colleges in India have started offering polytechnic courses in different subjects. Some new colleges have been established by the Government of India which caters to polytechnic courses only. From some of the premier colleges of the country to the private and self-financed colleges, all have incorporated polytechnic courses in their curriculum and have started accepting deferred admissions of polytechnic diploma holders to their technical courses. A wide range of polytechnic specialisations and polytechnic courses are being offered to students in many colleges. Some of the most popular polytechnic courses are listed below.
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Interior Decoration
- Diploma in Fashion Engineering
- Diploma in Ceramic Engineering
- Diploma in Art and Craft
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Diploma in IT Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Aerospace Engineering
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Genetic Engineering
- Diploma in Biotechnology Engineering
- Diploma in Plastics Engineering
- Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
- Diploma in Food Processing and Technology
- Diploma in Dairy Technology and Engineering
- Diploma in Power Engineering
- Diploma in Infrastructure Engineering
- Diploma in Production Engineering
- Diploma in Metallurgy Engineering
- Diploma in Motorsport Engineering
- Diploma in Environmental Engineering
- Diploma in Textile Engineering
Polytechnic / Diploma Course Admission Process
There are many polytechnic institutes in India and the admission process of these polytechnic institutes differs from the other. Some polytechnic institutions are privately operated and some are aided by the government. The admission process of polytechnic also depends upon how the college or institute operates and the organisation it comes under. In most cases, colleges conduct entrance exams to admit students to their polytechnic courses. The minimum eligibility a candidate must have to be allowed to appear for the exam is that he/ she must have cleared class 10th. Every college has its own set of eligibility criteria which the students must go through before applying for a polytechnic course in that college. Some institutes conduct admissions for polytechnic courses on the basis of first come first serve. The student has to finalise the college he/ she wants to do polytechnic from after checking if he/ she qualifies the eligibility criteria for polytechnic set by that college.
Eligibility Criteria for Polytechnic Courses
The eligibility criteria for polytechnic courses are set by the institute in which the candidate is seeking admission. Different colleges and institutes have different sets of eligibility criteria for conducting admissions in polytechnic. However, the minimum qualification that is required for a student to be considered eligible for polytechnic courses is more or less the same in every institute. To get admission in a polytechnic course of any college or institute, the student must have completed his/ her education of the tenth standard, which is also known as the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC), or an examination which is equivalent to it. The student must have obtained a certain number of marks in mathematics and the science subjects which is decided by the college and he/ she must have cleared the board exams of all the subjects of class 10th.
Many colleges conduct entrance tests for admitting students into their polytechnic courses and students have to qualify the basic eligibility criteria to sit for the entrance exam. After completing the polytechnic course, a student is eligible to enter a course of B.Tech or B.E. in the second year through lateral entry. The guidelines for this differ from college to college. Some colleges admit students directly based on the marks they have obtained in their polytechnic diploma degree whereas some colleges conduct their own entrance test to gauge the knowledge of students before admitting them to their B.Tech and B.E. programmes.
Career Options in Polytechnic
Many career opportunities are available for students who complete their diploma degrees in polytechnic courses. Due to the intensive teaching and training that the students get throughout their polytechnic programme, they have thorough knowledge about the subject and the technicalities of it. Students are taught all the basic concepts of engineering in the course of polytechnic diploma which gives them clarity about the subject and ways to implement them when they step into their professional lives. Many companies hire students who have completed their polytechnic courses without making it mandatory for them to join a B.Tech or B.E. course.
Students can bag numerous job opportunities in the public as well as the private sector. Several companies that are run by the government or their allied PSUs (Public Sector Units) offer great jobs with lucrative salary packages to polytechnic diploma holders. Candidates who complete their polytechnic courses can find jobs of the junior level as well as technical level positions that are for both engineering and non-engineering students. Some of the top government and Public Sector Unit companies that hire polytechnic diploma holders are given below.
- Indian Army
- GAIL – Gas Authority of India Limites
- DRDO – Defence Research and Development Organization
- ONGC – Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- BHEL – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- BSNL – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- NTPC – National Thermal Power Corporation
- IPCL – Indian Petro Chemicals Limited
- NSSO – National Sample Survey Organization
- Jobs in Indian Railways
- Jobs in Public Work Departments
- Jobs in Infrastructure Development Agencies
- Jobs in Irrigation Departments
Similarly, many public sector companies also offer many job positions to students who have completed their polytechnic courses. Especially the companies that deal in the domains of construction, manufacturing, electronics, and communications, etc. provide several roles for polytechnic graduates. Some of the companies that recruit students who have a degree in a polytechnic course are given below:
- Construction Firms – DLF, Unitech, Jaypee Associated, Mitas, GMR Infra, etc.
- Airlines – Spicejet, Indigo, Jet Airways, etc.
- Communication Firms – Reliance Communications, Bharti Airtel, Idea Cellular, etc.
- Automobiles – Toyota, Maruti Suzuki, TATA Motors, Bajaj Auto, Mahindra, etc.
- Computer Engineering Firms – HCL, TCS, Polaris, Wipro, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering Firms – ACC Limited, Hindustan Unilever, Voltas, etc.
- Electrical / Power Firms – BSES, Tata Power, L&T, Seimens, etc.
Apart from these jobs, some people also choose to go for self-employment jobs and start a business of their own after completing a polytechnic course.
Top 10 Polytechnic Colleges in India
A list of the ten best polytechnic colleges in India is given below.
- Government Polytechnic (GP), Mumbai
- V.P.M.’s Polytechnic, Thane
- S. H. Jondhale Polytechnic (SHJP), Thane
- Vivekanand Education Society’s Polytechnic (VES Polytechnic), Mumbai
- Ananda Marga Polytechnic, Kolar
- Government Women Polytechnic College (GWPC), Bhopal
- Government Women’s Polytechnic (GWP), Patna
- Kalinga Polytechnic Bhubaneswar (KIITP), Bhubaneswar
- South Delhi Polytechnic for Women, Delhi
- Baba Saheb Ambedkar Polytechnic (BSAP), Delhi
- How To Resolve Prohibitory Symbol on Macbook Pro in 2021? [Best Guide]
- How to Recover or Repair Corrupted JPEG, JPG, GIF, TIFF, and BMP Photos in 2021?
- Best Ways to Fix Download Instagram DP’s | Using Instagram DP Viewer or Insta Profile Picture Downloader
- How to Limit Data Usage on Mobile Hotspot [Android/iPhone/Samsung] in 2021?
- Complete Guide on Removing the Write Protection from an SD card or a Pen Drive
- How to Share Computer Internet with Phone Wirelessly using USB or Wifi?
- What Does The Abbreviation SFS Stand For On Snapchat? | How To Use It?
- Happy Dussehra WhatsApp Status Videos Free Download | MP3 & MP4 Dasara Status Videos, Images, DP’s for WhatsApp
Instagram11 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2020 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram11 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2020 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News11 months ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News10 months ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News2 months ago
Snapchat Usernames Guide: Snapchat Username Ideas, How to Change Username on Snapchat & Best Snapchat Names List
News11 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Captions 2020 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News3 days ago
Happy Dasara WhatsApp Status 2021 Video Free Download | Share Vijaya Dashami Status Images, Wishes, Quotes on WhatsApp
Instagram10 months ago
25+ Famous Relationship Bio for Instagram | Best Instagram Bios for Relationship Status