Documents Required for Income Certificate for Students | Here’s How to Apply for an Income Certificate Online With Steps?
An income certificate is a document that the state government issues that certifies the applicant’s/applicant’s family’s annual income. The essential information in this certificate comprises details of the family/individual’s annual income from various sources based on available state government records for a particular, fiscal year.
Income certificates are necessary for scholarship applications, admittance to educational institutions and hostels, and employment changes. You can get the certificate by applying to the Revenue Administration Department’s Tehsil / Sub-tehsil offices. In this article, we have listed out everything needed on Documents Required for Income Certificate for Students, How to Apply Income Certificate Online, Validity of Income Certificate Obtained, etc.
- Documents Required For Income Certificate for Students
- How to Apply Income Certificate Online? | Steps to Obtain an Income Certificate
- Income Certificate Uses
- Income Certificate Validity
- I am a Delhi resident. In Haryana, can I obtain an income certificate?
- My previous income certificate application was denied. Should I apply again?
- In 2017, I received my income certificate. Do I need to preserve my old certificate to reapply?
- What is the difference between an income certificate and an agricultural income certificate?
Documents Required For Income Certificate for Students
One who wants to apply for an Income Certificate is advised to keep these documents handy with them. They are listed as such
- Identity proof
- Application form
- Residential Proof: Residential Certificate issued by Local administration office/ Aadhar card/ Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN Card.
- Self-declaration from the applicant.
- Applicant passport size photograph.
- Age proof (birth certificate/school certificate)
- Income Proof: Salary certificate, Income proof from the competent authority, income tax return acknowledgment.
- Education records duly signed.
- Two different Gazetted Officers certifications (as per requirement)
- Affix stamp as advised by authorities if required.
- Aadhaar card
- Land revenue receipt (in case of the farmer if available).
- Bank Receipt.
- Attested copy of COI/SSC/ICC/Voters ID Card of self or father.
- Affidavit in the prescribed format.
How to Apply Income Certificate Online? | Steps to Obtain an Income Certificate
The government has made it possible to apply for income certificates online. The steps are outlined below for the eligible applicant.
- Step 1: Apply for an income certificate through the appropriate state/district web portal. For example, go to the District Delhi website at https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/.
- Step 2: Create an account on the portal to register yourself. After registering, you will be given a unique username and password encrypted with your mobile number. Access your account. Then, click on the option ‘Download Application Forms,’ located in the homepage’s menu bar.
- Step 3: Select the ‘Issuance of Income Certificate’ option. Then, in PDF format, download the application form.
- Step 4: Fill out the application form with all essential information. You must provide your personal information, such as your name, age, D.O.B., address, and caste: SC/ST/OBC, among other things.
- Step 5: Include an affidavit with the application stating that all of the provided information in the application is correct.
- Step 6: Submit the completed application form and supporting documentation online or to the Sub-Divisional Magistrate’s office. You’ll also be given an application number, which you may use to track the status of your income certificate through the portal.
- Step 7: Following the submission of documents, the relevant authorities will conduct a local investigation to verify the information provided in the application.
- Step 8: If your verification is successful, you will receive your income certificate within 14 days of submitting your application.
It is important to note that the Delhi income certificate is only valid for six months from the issuing date.
Income Certificate Uses
As previously stated, the income certificate serves as proof of eligibility for numerous schemes and benefits provided by the State Government in various disciplines. Among these fields are, but are not limited to
- Educational institutions often have a quota set aside for students from economically disadvantaged families. This certificate enables them to gain entrance for free or at a reduced rate.
- Scholarships are provided by some institutions/governments to help the needy.
- Medical benefits such as free or reduced-cost treatment, subsidized drugs, financial aid to mothers who give birth to a girl child, and so on are available.
- Obtaining loans at a reduced interest rate from respective government employers.
- Assisting victims of various natural catastrophes and tragedies.
- Obtaining several types of pensions, such as widows, old-age pensions, agricultural laborers’ pensions, etc.
- Making financial assistance available to veterans.
- Obtaining free rations, etc.
- Applying for government employees that are only available to certain designated groups.
claiming entitlement to hostels, flats, or other types of government housing
Income Certificate Validity
The income certificate is valid for the fiscal year specified in the document. As a result, the certificate must be updated each fiscal year to ensure its validity. Additionally, the previous certificate may be required as a significant documentary proof required to issue an updated income certificate.
FAQs on Income Certificate Required Documents
1. I am a Delhi resident. In Haryana, can I obtain an income certificate?
No, you cannot. An income certificate is provided by the state government and can only be obtained from the state government where you live. Thus, only a Haryana resident can receive an income certificate in Haryana. To ensure this, a copy of a government-issued address proof with a local residential address is one of the documents required to apply for an income certificate online or offline.
2. My previous income certificate application was denied. Should I apply again?
The most typical causes for denial of an income certificate application are wrongly filling out the application, failure to submit supporting documentation, and ineligibility for an income certificate. While you should consider reapplying if the reason for your application’s rejection is one of the first two, it is not a wise idea to reapply if you are ineligible to receive an income certificate in the first place.
3. In 2017, I received my income certificate. Do I need to preserve my old certificate to reapply?
No, it is not required to present the old certificate when filing for a new one. However, previous certificates must be kept for five years after they are issued to authenticate your eligibility for any schemes that you use the certificate for at a later date.
4. What is the difference between an income certificate and an agricultural income certificate?
The income certificate includes information on annual revenue from all sources, whereas an agriculture income certificate only includes information about income from any agricultural activities.
Finally, we hope you enjoyed reading our essay on What are the Documents Required for Income Certificate. We went over what an income certificate is, who can apply for it, who issues it, how to use it, and what documents are required to apply for one. Please leave any further questions in the comments section below. Stay tuned to our site to avail latest updates on Students Guide to Income Tax.
- Welcome Notice for Students Examples | How do you Welcome Incoming Students in School?
- NCERT Books PDF Free Download for Class 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 , 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1
- How To Use WhatsApp on iPad in 2022? | Get WhatsApp on iPad for Free
- How To Use Someone’s WhatsApp In Your Mobile in 2022? | Access Someone Else’s WhatsApp
- How To Use One WhatsApp Account In Two Phones? [ Simple tricks ]
- How To Use Dual WhatsApp for Android & iPhone in 2022?
- How To Use WhatsApp Web On Phone 2022? | Access WhatsApp Web on Android/iPhone
- How To Use WhatsApp in Laptop? | Use WhatsApp on Laptop Without Phone, QR Code
News9 months ago
WhatsApp DP for Students to Free Download | Creative WhatsApp Profile Picture Images that Make you Smile
Instagram12 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2022 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram12 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2022 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News11 months ago
Latest & Cute Cartoon DP for Whatsapp with Quotes | Download Free HD Funny Cartoon Images for Whatsapp Status
News1 year ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News2 years ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News1 year ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Picture Captions 2022 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News11 months ago
Good Feedback for Teachers from Students Examples | How to Give Feedback for Teachers?