How To Get A Streak Back On Snapchat 2021: Snapchat is one of the leading apps when it comes to usage by teenagers and young adults. It is used to chat, share photos, videos, post stories, scroll through other users’ content, etc. Its short-term content accessibility is one of Snapchat’s leading unique features. This means that the messages, photos, and videos that users share are only available for a fixed time. They disappear after a short while or after being viewed a couple of times.
This adds a whole new level of excitement and joy for the users. This is so because it encourages the users to be spontaneous and live in the moment. On top of that, similar to other social media apps, Snapchat rewards its users for being active on the app. It does so by awarding you points called ‘Snapscore’.
For people who take their Snapscore seriously, the higher your snap streak or score, the better it is. You can even use your high Snapscore to “flex” on your other avid Snapchat user friends.
List of contents in this article-
- What is a Snapchat streak? How to maintain it?
- Reasons why you may lose your Snap streak
- How to get your Snapchat streak back after losing it?
- How to know if your Snapstreak is going to end soon?
- What is the meaning of emojis that appear beside Snapscore?
A Snapchat streak is a fun way of showcasing how popular you are with certain people on Snapchat. A streak starts when you and your friend continuously exchange snaps with each other for 3 consecutive days.
This exchange has to be to and from, by both sides equally. After three days, You will notice that a flame sign will appear next to your friend’s Username. Along with the sign, a number indicating the number of days that this streak has been going on also appears.
This indicative number keeps increasing one by one every day if you continue to maintain the streak. In accordance with that, the emoji next to it also changes. Every time you cross a time-related snap streak milestone with your friend, the emoji changes. It won’t work if either of you forgets to send a snap.
These emojis also show your relationship status with your friend based on how much you communicate with each other. This is done through a Yellow Heart emoji.
When you and your friend accomplish keeping your snap streak intact for two consecutive weeks, the yellow heart is exchanged with a Red Heart emoji.
How to maintain Snapchat streaks?
The rules for maintaining a Snapchat Streak are pretty simple. All you need to do is send at least one snap to your friend every single day. In turn, they too are required to send you a snap every day without a gap. Thus, if both you and your friend send each other a snap within the 24 hours slot, the streak continues, and the number goes up by one digit.
Though, it is important to note that chatting does not count for maintaining a snap streak. Nor do something from the memories or Snapchat Spectacles count. Group messages, video calls, posting a story are not eligible to maintain your streak either. Only the pictures and videos captured through the Snap button do.
As we can see, it is not an easy task to maintain a snap streak with someone. Unintentionally losing it can cause quite some grief to the participants. Thus, in this article, we will tell you everything you might need to know about snap streaks, how you may lose them, and share ways you can try to get your snap streak back in case you lose it by any chance.
When your streak is in danger, the Hourglass emoji appears. Click here to read more about it.
The most common way you may lose a snap streak is when either you or your friend might forget to send a snap within the fixed twenty-four-hour time period. It is not uncommon to get held up, be busy with everyday stuff and forget things like sending your friend a mandatory snap.
However, it is also entirely possible that the fault wasn’t yours or your friend’s at all. There are multiple other reasons that can cause you to lose your snap streak. These can be Network connectivity problems, unresponsive servers, messages failing to deliver, etcetera. No social media app is completely devoid of bugs and issues like these can arise sometimes.
It is also possible that both the parties had sent a snap, but it got lost in transition due to some fault in Snapchat servers. As a result, you can lose your sap streak. If that is the case, no need to panic as you can still get your snap streak back.
If by any means, you end up losing your Snap streak and are now panicking or disappointed, stop. The fact that this article exists and you clicked on it means there is still hope left to retrieve it. All that you need to do is contact the Snapchat team and ask them for support. You will have to request them to restore your Snap Streak. Follow the below-given steps to do so-
- Go to the Snapchat Support page. Click on the link for easy access.
- Here, you will see a list of issues appear before you on the screen. Click on “Snapstreaks.”
- Now scroll down and click on “Yes” beside ‘Need help with something else?’
- Here, you will see a list of problems appear before you on the screen. Click on the “My Snapstreaks disappeared” option.
- This will open a form that you need to fill with information relevant to your account and to the lost snap streak.
- Fill in the form with the account details (username, email, mobile number, device) of both you and your friend with whom you lost the streak.
- You will also be asked to fill in how you lost your streak and whether or not the hourglass emoji was displayed. If it did and you still forgot then the fault is yours and Snapchat would most likely not help you.
- Finally, you can explain your part and make your case in the “What information should we know section“. If you are able to convince them with your explanation, then they would restore your Snap streak.
However, this only works a few genuine times. Do not make it a habit to lose your snap streak on your own fault and ask for help from Snapchat Support.
Before we go any further, you can also check out the attached video below to learn how to recover Snapchat streaks.
You can also check out 8 Ways That You Can Try To Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps Issue in 2021. This is for those users whose snaps are not loading on Snapchat, not necessarily snap streaks.
Now that you probably have your snap streak back, You should make sure to not let this happen again. If you find it hard to keep track of when your twenty-four-hour slot is about to be over, Snapchat has got you covered. As we mentioned earlier, Snapchat rewards you with emojis next to your name for different milestones and achievements. In the same place, sometimes appears an Hourglass emoji.
This Hourglass indicates that your twenty-four-hour window is about to close and you need to send a snap soon if you wish to continue your snap streak. This alarm is enough for most people to send a snap and not lose their beloved snap streak due to their own fault.
Snapchat rewards you for accomplishing milestones and achievements through emojis. These milestones are usually related to how much and how long you and your friend have been communicating and exchanging snaps with each other on the app.
We already explained what is the Hourglass emoji and how it helps you maintain your snap streak by acting as a reminder. Other than this, the first emoji that mostly appears is the Flame emoji. It appears after you both exchange snaps for three consecutive days and marks the beginning of a snap streak.
Next is the Smiley face emoji. It appears when you maintain a regular conversation with someone or share snaps with someone regularly.
On completion of 100 days of the snap streak, Snapchat rewards you with the 100 emoji next to the Flame emoji for your achievement.
Similarly, Users are gifted with different color Heart emojis next to their friend’s name which signifies your #1 Best Friend statue with them. Different color hearts appear for different time lengths and how much which one of you snap the other person. The Yellow Heart emoji is the first to appear. It is then followed by the Red Heart emoji, Two Pink Hearts emoji, and many more.
Apps can be faulty too and sometimes there is nothing you can do about it, but sometimes you can. Now you not only know how to retrieve your lost snap streak but also how to ensure not losing it again to the best of your own abilities.
If you have any more doubts on How to get a streak back on snapchat, please post them in the comments section. Tell us if this article helped you in any way and if you liked our article, be sure to check out our other works as well!
- How to Disable WhatsApp Web’s Persistent Notification in 2021? | Know WhatsApp Web is Currently Active Meaning
- Best Methods to Freeze Last Seen on WhatsApp in 2021 | How to Hide Last Seen on WhatsApp?
- How To Know If Your WhatsApp Is Being Monitored? | How Can I Stop & Secure WhatsApp From Monitoring by Someone?
- Colored Text Generator Copy and Paste on WhatsApp | How to Change Text Color in WhatsApp Status
- Guide on WhatsApp Unblock Hack 2021 | Unblock Yourself On WhatsApp With These Hacks Easily
- How To Use WhatsApp on PC without QR Code? | Steps to Operate WhatsApp Web Messenger On Desktop Easily
- Happy Children’s Day 2021 WhatsApp Status Videos, Wishes, Quotes, Gifs, DP’s, Stickers, Posters | Essay & Speech on Children’s Day in English, Hindi, Telugu
- Multiple Ways You Can Try To Increase Your Whatsapp Group Limit To 10k
Instagram1 year ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2020 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram1 year ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2020 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News1 year ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News12 months ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News2 months ago
How To Spot Fake Accounts on Social Media – Telegram, WhatsApp, and Signal
News3 months ago
Snapchat Usernames Guide: Snapchat Username Ideas, How to Change Username on Snapchat & Best Snapchat Names List
News12 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Captions 2020 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News2 months ago
Happy Dasara WhatsApp Status 2021 Video Free Download | Share Vijaya Dashami Status Images, Wishes, Quotes on WhatsApp