How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Without Backup in 2022: WhatsApp is a very important platform that plays a major role in holding and sharing important stuff. People tend to keep certain chat conversations preserved, be it for memories or professional purposes. But sometimes, it may happen that chats get deleted due to accidental configuration changes in systems or simply by mistake.
In such cases, the deleted messages can still be easily restored if you have taken a backup of it. We also do have a full-fledged video on that too with the title A Guide on How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages by Restoring from a Backup. But what if you have forgotten to take a backup of your chats and they got deleted suddenly? Will you not be able to retrieve them then?
Well, you are lucky here, because we have got this sorted for you. In this article, we are going to tell you about some effective tricks by which you can restore your deleted WhatsApp messages without a backup, both for Android and iOS users.
- How To Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Without Backup on Android
- Effective ways on How To Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Without Backup on Android Phone
- How To Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Without Backup on iPhone
- Effective ways How To Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Without Backup on iPhone
- How To Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Without Backup after Factory Reset
- FAQs on How To Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Without Backup in 2022?
WhatsApp does come with its local temporary backup for times of emergency. WhatsApp holds a backup of chats for 7 days, hence if you lose your chat data within 7 days, reinstall your WhatsApp and restore messages from the backup stored. You can also take a backup from Google drive and restore it later on.
But situations can degrade, if you had taken no backup at all or if the chat data that you want to retrieve is older than 7 days. Well, not to worry, following the below-mentioned ways you can easily retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on your Android. The three software tools that we recommend here are DroidKit-WhatsApp Recovery, FoneDog Toolkit-Android data recovery, and Phone Rescue for Android.
Let’s now quickly learn about the above three recovery tools in more detail:
1. DroidKit-WhatsApp Recovery-
DroidKit is basically a data recovery tool that helps you revive chat data from a broken Android to your device without the need to over-write or root your device. Let’s see the steps now:
- Download and launch the latest version of DroidKit on your PC, sign in with your Google Account and go to the WhatsApp Recovery option under the Recover lost data section.
- Next, you need to connect your Android device with it. You can do this by pairing your mobile to the computer using any USB cable and then clicking the Start button to continue the process.
- Next, you need to make some recovery preparations for your WhatsApp messages by following the on-screen instructions. The first is, that you will have to take a backup of your WhatsApp data on the source device and click on Next thereafter.
- After this, you need to download the custom version of WhatsApp on your mobile, give access permission, restore the backup data on it and click Next.
- Finally, you can view the recovered version of all your lost WhatsApp data on the screen. Click on View Files and save them by clicking on To Device.
2. FoneDog Toolkit- Android Data Recovery-
The FoneDog is an amazing WhatsApp data recovery tool for Android which has the highest retrieval rate and is compatible with a huge variety of Android devices. FoneDog has selective recovery actions too, where you can only recover the chat of your desired particular contact, rather than bulking your entire system with unnecessary recovered chats. You can recover contacts chats, call history, media shared, etc. Let us see the steps now:
- Download and install the latest version of the FoneDog software toolkit on your computer and create an account in it by signing in with your Google or phone number. Next, connect your Android device to your system with a USB cable.
- Next, you need to start a process for USB debugging. For this, generate the request for USB Debugging and click on Ok on both your mobile device and computer screen to continue.
- After a strong connection is made between your mobile and computer, you will be shown all the possible recovery files. Choose WhatsApp and click on Next.
- This step is going to take a considerable amount of time because the software will be scanning all the WhatsApp data of all the contacts right from day 1. Once done, it will show all the scanned WhatsApp files on the screen. From the displayed ones, you need to select the contact whose messages you wish to recover.
- Finally, click on the Recover button and save the recovered chat data onto your device or as a backup on your computer itself.
Also, if you are troubled that your favorite WhatsApp video got deleted accidentally, then you must refer to our How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Images and Videos in Android article to ensure a quick recovery of it.
iPhone and other iOS platforms are known for their data security features. Everything you do on your iPhone gets backed up on your iCloud. This comes in handy if sometimes you lose your device and want to retrieve your data on a new one.
But what if, your iCloud or iPhone storage seems to show an error in backing up your data due to you closing permissions accidentally, or for some other reason? Don’t worry! Follow the methods we have mentioned below to easily restore deleted WhatsApp messages on your iOS device.
The two interesting software tools, that we are going to be using are ChatsBack and iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery. Now, let’s learn about them in detail one by one.
1. iMyFone ChatsBack WhatsApp Recovery-
The iMyFone ChatsBack tool is a powerful data recovery software. This helps in recovering and saving message date from selective contacts without over-writing the actual current data. Now, let’s see the steps we need to follow:
- Install and launch iMyFone ChatsBack onto your PC and connect your iPhone with it. Next, choose the option Device Storage to recover.
- Next, choose WhatsApp messenger and start the scanning process.
- After scanning, you will be able to preview all the scanned data of your iPhone’s WhatsApp. Select the contact or menu you wish to specifically recover and then save it to your iCloud or device.
2. iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery-
This is a safe and highly professional data recovery tool that is specifically designed to recover lost iPhone data. You can quickly recover your deleted iPhone contacts, chats, photos, videos, messages, history, etc. and is compatible with a wide range of iOS devices. Now, let’s have a look on the simple steps that you ought to follow:
- Apple won’t give permissions to run this on your iPhone directly. Hence, download and launch iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery as a desktop tool on your Windows PC or MAC.
- Next, link your iPhone to the computer with a USB digital cable and start scanning to extract your WhatsApp messages.
- The device will sort all your iPhone data into categories from which you need to click on Scan from the list of deleted files displayed.
- After the scan is done, it will show a results page. From this page, you can preview and select which category of data you want to get recovered.
WhatsApp is famous for its local backup feature. Hence, if by mistake you turn the factory reset button on and forget to take a backup of your WhatsApp messages then you don’t have to worry. After resetting, you will have to re-install WhatsApp, and mind you, this should be within 7 days; After 7 days, data gets overwritten.
Once you have re-installed WhatsApp and logged in by verifying your number, you will be asked to restore the backup. A message will pop up on the screen saying Backup Found. Click on the Restore button to recover the deleted chats. If your data is older than 7 days WhatsApp local backup won’t be of any help to you. Instead, you will have to depend upon third-party recovery software tools mentioned in the above segments of the article.
1. How to restore 1 year old WhatsApp messages without backup?
Yes, for restoring WhatsApp messages so old you can’t rely on the WhatsApp automatic backup. For this, you can use software recovery tools like MiniTool- Mobile Recovery, DroidKit, FoneDog, iMyFone ChatsBack, etc. You can also check in your File Manager under the DCIM folder.
2. Is it possible to recover deleted WhatsApp Messages without backup?
Yes, you can recover your deleted WhatsApp messages without a backup by using some awesome software for your Android and for your iPhone. Read our article on How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages without backup in 2022 to get more information about this in detail.
3. How can I restore deleted WhatsApp messages?
WhatsApp messages can be retrieved once deleted either by restoring them from WhatsApp’s automatic 7-day backup, file manager or Google Drive and iCloud. But if you did not take backup formerly, you must use recovery software like DroidKit and MiniTool- Mobile Recovery.
4. How To Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages for one contact?
You can use software like iBeeSoft or FoneDog recovery tools. Both of them have high-retrieval power and selective recovery features. These scan all the WhatsApp data but allow you to specifically select which contact messages you want to recover.
With this, we have come to the end of this amazing article. We hope now you will not panic in case you lose important WhatsApp data and follow the steps in this article to recover the same. Having said this, we always recommend taking a safety backup of all your data to be safe during exigencies.
If you don’t know how to do this, take help from the article How to Backup WhatsApp chat. Hope you enjoyed this article, to read more of these make sure to visit our official website NewsOzzy.Com daily. We upload informative articles on various topics like Best WhatsApp Web Tips & Tricks, to help you out with your day-to-day social media queries. Adios! Take care!
- All You Need to Know About Whatsapp Business Group | Features, Description & Names Ideas, Rules
- A Beginner’s Guide on WhatsApp Application | Check Definition, Features, WA Download, Whatsapp DP Images, Hacks & Tricks of 2022
- A Detailed Guide on How to Get Official Whatsapp Business Account? | Verify Whatsapp Business Account Facebook
- Guide on How To Change Personal WhatsApp To Business Account in 2022 on Android & iPhone
- WhatsApp Web Business 2022 | Everything You Need To Know About Whatsapp Business Web
- Step By Step Guide on How To Make WhatsApp Business Account in 2022
- All About WhatsApp Business API 2022: How it Works, Verification & Application Process
- Whatsapp Last Seen Tracker Free Lifetime APK Download 2022 | WhatsApp Last Seen Tracker Premium Mod APK
Instagram3 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2022 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram3 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2022 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News4 months ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News2 years ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News4 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Picture Captions 2022 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
Instagram4 months ago
25+ Famous Relationship Bio for Instagram | Best Instagram Bios for Relationship Status
News4 months ago
100+ Best Cute Sweet Funny Instagram Captions for Sisters Photo | Get Free IG Quotes & Puns for Sisters Selfies
Instagram4 months ago
Good & Bad Mood Captions and Quotes for Instagram | Best Mood Off Captions for Girls & Boys