Move Files From One Google Drive Account to Another [Fast Method]: Every other person has a misconception that one will require huge storage space to move files from one Google Drive account to another. But that’s not the case really, instead of moving your files from one drive to another drive account, you can take a Google Drive upgrade.
Initially, Google offers you 15GB storage for free, but if that is not enough, you can request Google for 2TB storage by paying a fixed monthly fee.
The best part about Google Drive is that it allows you to share the paid storage plan with five other family members.
Still, if you want to immediately move your files from one Google Drive account to another, you can go through the following process.
The fastest way to do this is by sharing your Google Drive account files with a second email ID. Now, go to the Google Drive account opened with the second email ID and save all the files that had been shared. Now, you can delete the files from the primary drive. This is the quickest method anyone can think of.
For understanding all these concepts better, we have answered some of the frequently asked questions in this article. Some of the questions that are answered are as follows:
- How to use ‘Drive Migrator’ for transferring Google Drive files?
- How to use Google Takeout to move Google Drive files from one account to another?
- How to copy Google Drive files from one account to another without downloading?
Let’s dig into the article by tapping the direct links available here and understand all this work in an easier way.
- Is Moving Files From One Google Drive Account to Another Possible?
- Different Ways to Transfer Files From One Google Drive Account to Another
- 1. How to move files from One Drive to Another using ‘Drive Migrator’?
- 2. How to Transfer all files from One Google Drive to Another Using G Suite?
- 3. How to Move Files From One Google Drive Account to Another Using ‘Google Takeout’?
- Steps Required to Move Files From One Google Drive Account to Another
- How to Turn off File Sharing on Google Drive?
- Method to Move a Single File From One Google Drive Account to Another
If you are planning to use Google to take out files from one account and put them in another, then it is certain that you can pull that up easily because Google can assist you through the whole transferring process conveniently.
You just need to click on the Google Takeout option and then select an email ID from the appeared list; only then you can start the migration process.
You can also transfer the Google Drive files without downloading or uploading them.
Shocked! Well, that was how I reacted when I heard about this. But yes, it is possible.
If you want to skip the whole process where you need to download files from one Google Drive account and upload it to another, you can choose an alternative option provided by google drive.
The alternative method works something like this:
- First, you need to share the files with a new Google Drive account.
- Copy all the files into the same account.
- Now, all the files will get copied to the new account without getting downloaded or uploaded.
You are here to know more about transferring files from one Google Drive account to another, so we are not gonna disappoint you. Check out the video provided here for quick reference to transfer files in google drive, if you need the detailed steps to move files from one to another google drive account then move forward with the content available below:
Here, we are going to list out some of the best methods that you can use for moving files from one google drive to another.
You can use this method only when you are using Google Chrome as your default browser. You can use the ‘Drive Migrator’ extension available on Google Chrome to transfer files to a new account. You can use this method by following some simple steps:
Step 1: The first thing you need to do is to add the ‘Drive Migrator’ extension to your Google Chrome.
Step 2: Now log in to the Google Drive account from where you want to transfer the files.
Step 3: Once you have completed the setup, you can enter the email ID of the account where you want to transfer all the files or to a folder and then proceed with the options.
- The main advantage of this extension is that it is fully automated, and a beginner with no knowledge about migration can also use this extension for transferring files.
- If you are using Google Drive for the first time, you can take help from this extension to execute the migration process safely and securely without losing any data.
- Drive Migrator is a free tool that you can find in the Google Web Store, and you can use it in the chrome browser where your account is logged in.
G Suite is a cloud storage platform that is provided by Google. This is a multi-purpose platform, and if you are a professional in a business, you can use it in many different ways. This platform comes with different price plans along with a free plan also. You can choose one of these plans according to your preference and needs.
Now, a question must have arisen in your mind: how to transfer Google Drive folders into the G suite? Well, it is an absolutely quick and easy process. You just need to follow these simple steps to migrate Google Drive files into the G Suite:
Step 1: First, you need to log in to your Google Drive account.
Step 2: Transfer all the files in your Google Drive to a single folder and download this folder to your computer drive.
Step 3: Open your G suite account.
Step 4: Upload the files you had downloaded in your computer drive to the G Suite account.
That’s it. All your files are now stored in your G Suite account.
Note: You can also directly transfer the files to G Suite without making any folders and downloading them.
If you want to transfer all your Google Drive files without taking the burden of multiple requests, then Google Takeout is the right platform for you.
Google Takeout comes with a feature that can clone all your data present in your Google accounts like Gmail, Google Photos, Google Drive, and other services provided by Google. This is how Google Takeout transfers files from Google Drive.
You can transfer files using Google Takeout by following these simple steps:
Step 1: First of all, open the Google Takeout platform. Here, you will see a list of Google products from where you can take the data and transfer it to a new Google Drive account.
Step 2: From the list of Google products, you need to select Google Drive because you are planning to transfer data from Google Drive and make sure that you deselect others if you don’t want their data to be transferred.
Step 3: In the next step, you need to select the files and folders that you want to transfer. You can also select the format in which you want the files to get transferred.
Step 4: Now you need to create a report for the files or folders you are planning to transfer. This process will take time, and Google will notify you once done. Here, you can set the mode of notification as email.
Step 5: Once the report is ready, you will get an email from Google. Now click on the google drive link that is given in the email you have received and directly download the files to your computer
Step 6: Once all the files are downloaded, you log in to the account where you want to upload all these files. After logging in, click the upload option. The amount of files or folders that you can upload depends on the storage plan you have on your Google Drive account.
Does it work without downloading any files?
If you are planning to use Google Takeout for moving files from one Google Drive account to another, you obviously have to download the files. Google Takeout is used only when you want to backup all your Google products data and store it in a safe cloud storage platform like Google Drive.
In order to migrate the files from one Google Drive account to another, you need to follow the below steps properly, without skipping any step.
Step 1: First of all, visit the Google Drive webpage and click on the ‘My Drive’ option. Then select the files you want to transfer, including Google photos.
Step 2: Now click on the ‘Add account’ icon that is present on the upper bar for sharing the files with another account.
Step 3: Now enter the email ID in the box and click the ‘Send’ option.
Step 4: After you are done with the above steps, you need to visit the second account and click on the ‘Share with me’ option.
Step 5: Select each and every file, then click on the option ‘Add to My Drive’. Still, the process of moving is not complete; you just shifted the files to the sharing mode.
Step 6: Click on all the files that are recently added, then click on the ‘Make a Copy’ option from the drop-down list. After everything gets moved to the new account, you can delete the first account.
You can turn off the sharing mode of Google photos once it gets transferred. This is how you do it:
Step 1: Select the files you have shared and again click on the share option.
Step 2: A list of shared contacts will appear in front of you. You just need to remove the user from the shared list, and the files will stop getting shared with that user from that moment.
Step 3: After completion of this process, click on the Done button.
Advantages of this method
Some of the benefits of this method are listed below:
- You don’t need to download or upload files during the migration process.
- You can save a lot of time that is usually wasted during downloading and uploading.
- Using this method, you can upload only those files that you want and exclude the others easily. If you wish, you can also select all the files to upload.
- The best part about this method is that you can also execute it on your phone.
The method we are going to discuss will only come in handy when you are planning to move a single file from one Google Drive account to another.
You need to share the file you want to transfer with the new account, and then from the new account, you can just copy the file.
After completing the above steps, you can turn off the sharing from your older account. This is how you transfer a single file from one google drive to another account.
- You have to answer certain questions before transferring any file from Google Drive. This is done to prevent any data loss.
- While using the sharing files method, you need to ensure that the email ID you have entered is correct because an incorrect email ID might share the files with a stranger.
Now, finally, you can transfer your files from one Google Drive account to another without facing any trouble; just make sure to take care of the precautions mentioned above. Follow the method that suits your files or device and start transferring all the files from one google drive to another google drive account in no time. For more How-To categorized guides like How to Use Search Bar Settings to Find a Word in Safari, please visit our site or bookmark it.
- How to Disable WhatsApp Web’s Persistent Notification in 2021? | Know WhatsApp Web is Currently Active Meaning
- Best Methods to Freeze Last Seen on WhatsApp in 2021 | How to Hide Last Seen on WhatsApp?
- How To Know If Your WhatsApp Is Being Monitored? | How Can I Stop & Secure WhatsApp From Monitoring by Someone?
- Colored Text Generator Copy and Paste on WhatsApp | How to Change Text Color in WhatsApp Status
- Guide on WhatsApp Unblock Hack 2021 | Unblock Yourself On WhatsApp With These Hacks Easily
- How To Use WhatsApp on PC without QR Code? | Steps to Operate WhatsApp Web Messenger On Desktop Easily
- Happy Children’s Day 2021 WhatsApp Status Videos, Wishes, Quotes, Gifs, DP’s, Stickers, Posters | Essay & Speech on Children’s Day in English, Hindi, Telugu
- Multiple Ways You Can Try To Increase Your Whatsapp Group Limit To 10k
Instagram1 year ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2020 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram1 year ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2020 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News1 year ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News12 months ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News2 months ago
How To Spot Fake Accounts on Social Media – Telegram, WhatsApp, and Signal
News3 months ago
Snapchat Usernames Guide: Snapchat Username Ideas, How to Change Username on Snapchat & Best Snapchat Names List
News12 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Captions 2020 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News2 months ago
Happy Dasara WhatsApp Status 2021 Video Free Download | Share Vijaya Dashami Status Images, Wishes, Quotes on WhatsApp