No need to panic as RBI Governor has assured Yes Bank depositors: SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das said that there will be a swift action from the central bank to put in place a scheme to revive Yes Bank
- The move by RBI comes nearly six months after it did the same with Mumbai-based Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank
NEW DELHI : SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar on Friday said that there is no need to panic for depositors of Yes Bank as RBI Governor has assured them in this regard in a press statement.
“RBI Governor has very clearly said in a press statement that there is no need to panic. All depositors’ funds are protected. We gave the information of in-principle approval of SBI’s investment to the stock exchange yesterday,” Kumar told reporters here.
Earlier, Chief Economic Advisor Krishnamurthy Subramanian said that there is no need for depositors to panic and assured all depositors’ funds will remain safe.
RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das said that there will be a swift action from the central bank to put in place a scheme to revive Yes Bank.
“The 30 days which we have given is the outer limit. You will see very swift action from the RBI to put in place a scheme to revive. A market-based resolution of the problem, a bank-laid, investor-laid resolution of the problem is always preferable,” he said.
“You have to give time to the bank and management to take the steps. The RBI intervened when we found it was not working out,” Das said.
Yes Bank stocks plunged by 57.3% intra-day to ₹15.70 apiece today.
Public sector State Bank of India too dipped by 6.48 per cent to close the day at ₹269.80 after it said the board of directors has given in-principle approval to explore an investment in Yes Bank. But no negotiations have taken place yet.
The move by RBI comes nearly six months after it did the same with Mumbai-based Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank.
On Thursday, the RBI said a moratorium has been imposed on Yes Bank, stressing that the bank’s financial capability has undergone a steady decline largely due to the inability of the bank to raise capital.
During the period of moratorium, the Yes Bank Ltd will not, without the permission in writing of the Reserve Bank of India, make in the aggregate, payment to a depositor of a sum exceeding ₹50,000 lying to his credit in any savings, current or any other deposit account. (ANI)
- How To Resolve Prohibitory Symbol on Macbook Pro in 2021? [Best Guide]
- How to Recover or Repair Corrupted JPEG, JPG, GIF, TIFF, and BMP Photos in 2021?
- Best Ways to Fix Download Instagram DP’s | Using Instagram DP Viewer or Insta Profile Picture Downloader
- How to Limit Data Usage on Mobile Hotspot [Android/iPhone/Samsung] in 2021?
- Complete Guide on Removing the Write Protection from an SD card or a Pen Drive
- How to Share Computer Internet with Phone Wirelessly using USB or Wifi?
- What Does The Abbreviation SFS Stand For On Snapchat? | How To Use It?
- Happy Dussehra WhatsApp Status Videos Free Download | MP3 & MP4 Dasara Status Videos, Images, DP’s for WhatsApp
Instagram11 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2020 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram11 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2020 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News11 months ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News10 months ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News2 months ago
Snapchat Usernames Guide: Snapchat Username Ideas, How to Change Username on Snapchat & Best Snapchat Names List
News11 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Captions 2020 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News3 days ago
Happy Dasara WhatsApp Status 2021 Video Free Download | Share Vijaya Dashami Status Images, Wishes, Quotes on WhatsApp
Instagram10 months ago
25+ Famous Relationship Bio for Instagram | Best Instagram Bios for Relationship Status