Post Or Upload Long Video on Whatsapp Status: Similar to many other apps, Whatsapp too comes with the feature to upload pictures and videos as your status. These statuses are only visible for 24 hours. After that period ends, they automatically get deleted. This feature makes it easy for users to share pictures and videos easily without over-crowding their chats and media files.
Currently, you can only upload a 30-second video at a time. You cannot upload any video longer than that. This can be quite a hassle when your video exceeds the fixed timestamp. Thus, in this article, we will tell you how to post a long video (anything longer than 30 seconds) on Whatsapp Status.
List of contents in this article-
- The Reason Why There Is A 30 Second Time Limit For Posting On Whatsapp Status
- Two Methods To Post Long Videos On Whatsapp Status
- Method 1- Posting Long Video on Whatsapp Status By Splitting into Smaller Parts
- Method 2- Use Third-Party Apps To Upload Long Video on Whatsapp Status
- FAQs on How to Increase Whatsapp Status Video Length
You can also check out the attached video given below to understand how to post a long video on Whatsapp Status-
In the beginning, when the Whatsapp Status feature came to be, users were allowed to post videos even as long as 3 minutes. Also, it’s important to know and remain all the instructions and rules to keep the whatsapp status like the whatsapp status limit per day, whatsapp status video size ratio, and more.
However, as time passed, Whatsapp reduced the time limit to 30 seconds. The reason why Whatsapp cut down on the duration is to stop people from sharing fake news and creating unnecessary panic among other users. It was also done to reduce the traffic on the server infrastructure.
Though we can not alter the set time of the whatsapp status limit, there are two methods you can try to post long videos on Whatsapp Status on android and iphone. They do not disrupt or mess with your original videos so you don’t have to worry about any tampering with your media. Keep reading to learn more about these methods-
This method is perfect for those who are skeptical about using third-party apps but need to get their job done. Whatsapp comes with an in-built splitting feature. You can use it to split videos up to 2-3 minutes. This limit is because videos longer than that can be tough to split. In addition to that, you can use this method for both iOS and Android devices. Follow the steps given below to know how to split and post long videos on Whatsapp status-
- First, open Whatsapp and go to the ‘Status’ section. Then tap on ‘My Status.’
- Next, swipe up and choose the video that you want to trim and post.
- To edit, select the first section of the video with a duration of 0 to 29. Then, tap on the ‘Send’ icon at the bottom to post the selected portion of the clip from the original video.
- To post the rest of the video, go back to My Status and select the same video again.
- However, this time select the duration of 30 to 59.
Keep repeating the same process till the whole video is uploaded.
If the first method is too tedious and time-consuming for you, try this method instead. There are multiple third-party apps available on the internet that you can utilize to divide the video into smaller units. This will allow you to post your long videos easily on Whatsapp Status.
Given below is a list of apps you can use for this purpose-
To be able to post long videos on Whatsapp status, you can give the Audio Status Maker app a try. It takes your video and automatically divides it into multiple smaller 30-second clips. For example, let’s say your video is 5 minutes long. Thus, this app will split the video into ten 30-second clips for you to post it on Whatsapp Status easily.
Follow the process given below to know how to use Audio Status Maker to edit videos within the time limit-
- First, download the Audio Status Maker app from the Play Store. To do so, just open the Play Store, search for the exact name and download it. Or you can just click on the given link to get it.
- Once the app is installed, open it and tap on the File Manager icon located at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- It will open all the videos saved on your phone. Next, tap on the video you want to post on your Whatsapp Status.
- Tap on ‘Done’ from the bottom right corner.
- Now, tap on the Whatsapp status option. It will split the video into multiple continuous 30-second clips.
- Once the video is divided, you will be redirected to Whatsapp. Simply tap on ‘My Status’ to post the videos in succession.
WhatsCut is another great app to get 30-second clips from your originally long video to post on Whatsapp Status. It lets you trim the video in small clips which you can then share one by one to post the entire video. Follow the given steps to learn how to use this app-
- First, go to Google Play Store, search for the app WhatsCut and install it on your phone. Once done, launch it (open it.)
- Then, tap on the ‘Trim and Share on Whatsapp’ option (in green.)
- This will open up your media files. Select the video you want to divide into smaller parts.
- After selecting the video, tap on the duration below the video and set the limit to 30 seconds (or whatever lower time limit you prefer) for each clip.
- Now, just tap on the ‘Trim and Share on Whatsapp’ button.
In doing so, the app will split the video according to the time duration you set and forward you to sharing it on Whatsapp status.
Unlike other apps, where you have to input the duration to divide the video into smaller clips, this app automatically divides any video you choose into multiple 30-second clips. You can then simply upload the entire video on Whatsapp Status. Follow the given steps to know to make use of this app-
- First, go to Google Play Store, search for Video Splitter For Whatsapp, and install it on your phone. Once done, launch it (open it.)
- Grant permission to the app to access all the media files on your device.
- Next, tap on ‘Import Video’ and select the video that you wish to edit for your Whatsapp status.
- Now, you will have the option to split the video into short clips of 15 seconds and 30 seconds under ‘Whatsapp Split.’ Choose 30 seconds to proceed.
- Tap on ‘Save’ at the top right corner of the screen and choose the video quality for the clips. Then, tap on ‘Start’ to start the process.
- Once it shows ‘Processing done,’ tap on ‘View Files’ to see the shortened clips.
- At last, select ‘Share all’ to upload the videos on Whatsapp Status.
Now, for our iPhone users, if you have the iOS version 8.0 or above, you can use this application. You can split long videos into 30-second clips with this one and post them on Whatsapp Status without any difficulty. Since it is specially designed for iPhones, you won’t face any troubles using it. Follow the given guide to utilizing this app-
- First, go to Apple Store and install the ‘Video Splitter’ app by Fawaz Alotaibi.
- Then, open it and tap on ‘Select Video.’
- Now, select the video you want to break into smaller clips.
- Next, to select the duration of the clips, tap on the ‘number of seconds’ and choose 30 seconds (or whatever smaller duration you prefer.)
- Finally, to save the clips, tap on ‘Split and Save.’ The clips will be saved in your gallery and you can directly post them on your Whatsapp Status from there.
Hope that helps!
You can also check out our article on How To View Whatsapp Status without them knowing on iPhone & Android?
1. Why can’t I post videos longer than 30 seconds at a time on Whatsapp Status?
You cannot post videos longer than 30 seconds at a time because of Whatsapp’s latest policy. This change was made to curb the spread of fake news.
2. Can I post long videos without using third-party apps?
Yes! You can post long videos by splitting them through Whatsapp itself. It is a little repetitive process but it is definitely possible. Just follow Method 1 explained in the article.
3. Are these third-party apps safe to use?
So far, virus-wise, yes they are safe to use. Other than that, it depends on the app since we do not know the inner workings of these apps.
To conclude, unless Whatsapp changes its feature policy, you cannot upload a video on status in one go. However, there are a few ways you can at least upload your long videos on Whatsapp status. Hopefully, the methods mentioned in this article will help you!
If you have any more doubts about How To Post Or Upload A Long Video On Whatsapp, please post them in the comments section. Tell us if this article helped you in any way and if you liked our article, be sure to check out our other works as well!
- How To Open WhatsApp Web? | Use WhatsApp Web on PC, Laptop, Mobile, Tablet
- How To Use WhatsApp Web? – Use WhatsApp Web on Laptop, PC, Phone or Tablet
- Happy Raksha Bandhan Whatsapp Status Video Download MP4 & MP3, Images, Wishes, Quotes for Brother & Sister to Share
- WhatsApp Web QR Code Generator | Whatsapp Web QR Code Scanner on your Mobile Device
- How to Earn Extra Income? Side income ideas to earn extra money
- Everything About WhatsApp Web Download for Windows 10, Android, iOS & MacOS Devices
- 50+ Whatsapp Chat Wallpaper Ideas in 2022 | Best Chat Whatsapp Wallpaper HD Free Download
- A Beginner’s Guide on WhatsApp Application | Check Definition, Features, WA Download, Whatsapp DP Images, Hacks & Tricks of 2022
Instagram5 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2022 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram5 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2022 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News4 months ago
Latest & Cute Cartoon DP for Whatsapp with Quotes | Download Free HD Funny Cartoon Images for Whatsapp Status
News5 months ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News2 years ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News5 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Picture Captions 2022 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
Instagram5 months ago
25+ Famous Relationship Bio for Instagram | Best Instagram Bios for Relationship Status
News5 months ago
100+ Best Cute Sweet Funny Instagram Captions for Sisters Photo | Get Free IG Quotes & Puns for Sisters Selfies