Have you ever tried to change your profile picture on Messenger without opening Facebook? Is that even possible? Well, the answer to all your questions is yes, you can change your profile picture from Messenger. This feature really helps you save a lot of your time.
Those people who prefer to use the Messenger app over the Facebook app can directly change their Facebook DP from Messenger without even installing the Facebook app.
You can easily change your profile picture from the Messenger app within a minute; you just need to follow the right steps that are required to be followed while changing the profile picture.
Messenger is now available for every device, including Android and iOS, so if you have already installed the app on your mobile device, you won’t need to worry much because changing Facebook DP through the Messenger app is simple and not that complicated. You can even enable the DP lock privacy settings from your Messenger app; this setting will prevent strangers from downloading your DP.
In this article, we have discussed the methods that you can use to update the Profile Picture on Messenger App without using a Facebook account. You will also learn about some additional features of the Messenger app that will help you safeguard your privacy.
- Reasons for why can’t I change my Profile Picture on Messenger without Facebook
- How to Change your Messenger Profile Picture on an Android Device
- How to change profile picture on messenger on iPhone?
- Things You Need to Follow If You Can’t Change the Profile Picture on Messenger.
- How to manage privacy settings for Hiding Profile Picture on Messenger?
- How to Lock my Profile Picture on Messenger?
- What does the Blue Dot on Messenger mean?
If you had already tried changing your Profile Picture on Messenger and had failed to do so, then there might be some reasons behind it. We will discuss some of these reasons that can stop you from changing your profile picture on Messenger:
- If the profile picture doesn’t match the approved image size i.e., 180px x 180px.
- In case the uploading image is of lower quality.
- If you are not logged in to your Facebook account either through the Facebook app or website, you might not change your profile picture.
After solving the above issues, you won’t be facing any more trouble while changing your profile picture on Messenger. You just need to follow the steps that we are going to discuss next, and you are good to go.
If you use an android device, then you need to follow these simple steps in order to change your profile picture on Messenger without using the Facebook app:
- The first thing you need to do is log in to your Facebook account by giving your credentials on the Messenger app. Then open the profile section, where you will find a circle icon beside your name.
- When you visit the next tab, you will come across the profile section where you can do all the edits related to your profile. You will find a pen size icon on this tab; click on that to enter it into the editing tab.
- Now, add the picture that you want to set as the profile picture, adjust it properly inside the circle so that it is properly visible then save the changed settings.
If you use an iOS device, then your Messenger app will appear on the home screen of the device. Before starting the procedure to change the profile picture, make sure that your app is updated to the latest version or else you won’t be able to change your DP. After installing the latest version of Messenger, you need to follow these simple steps for changing your profile picture:
- Once you open the Messenger app on your iOS device, just like in an android device, you need to click on the circle that represents the profile icon in order to enter the profile section. This circle is present beside your name in the app.
- After entering into the profile section, you need to click on the edit icon in order to change the profile picture.
- Once you click the edit icon, the app will instantly ask you to add a new photo that you will use as your next profile picture. Once the picture is added, position it inside the circle so that it is clearly visible.
If you follow the above steps appropriately, changing the profile picture on iOS won’t be that difficult.
If you cannot change the profile picture directly from Messenger and your click doesn’t work, there might be some reasons behind it. Sometimes even after changing the profile picture successfully, the new DP is not visible. These are some of the issues that you might face while trying to change the profile picture, but there is no need to worry because now I am going to discuss the solutions to these problems.
The simplest way to solve this problem is by connecting your phone to a strong Wifi network. If the problem is caused due to a slow internet connection, then it will get fixed instantly after the phone gets connected to a Wifi network.
In order to change the profile picture on the Messenger app, you have to click on your name that is showing on the Messenger app for getting into the profile section where you can change your profile picture. Sometimes even after clicking on your name on the Messenger app, the app doesn’t direct you to the profile section; the reason behind this is you might have been logged out of your account.
In order to resolve this problem, you just need to log in to your Facebook account through the app or the default web browser. You can log in to your account by giving your credentials on the Facebook app or in the browser. Once you are logged in, you won’t face the above problem anymore.
The best part about Facebook is that it allows you to control to whom you want to show your profile picture; this safeguards your privacy from strangers. You can see the effects of these privacy settings on Messenger also.
You can change the privacy settings of your profile picture either to ‘Friends’, or you can change it to ‘only me’. When your privacy settings are fixed to ‘only me’, only you can see your profile picture and no one on Facebook has access to it. Facebook gives you the liberty to choose friends who will be the only ones to see your profile picture or choose the ones to whom you don’t want to show your profile picture.
Now let us take you through the whole procedure on how you can change the privacy settings:
- First, click on your profile picture.
- A tab will open, where you need to click on the arrow button.
- Then choose between the options according to your preference to whom you want to make your profile picture visible.
The best part of this privacy settings is that once you have changed it either by using the Facebook app or your default web browser, you will be able to see its effects on your Messenger app.
If you are a private person and don’t want to share your picture with anyone on Facebook, then you can change the privacy settings to the ‘only me’ option; under this option, only you can see your profile picture and no one else. However, you can also delete your profile picture if you don’t want to change the privacy settings.
Note: Suppose the profile name on your Messenger doesn’t show your profile picture. In that case, the reason behind this issue must be slow internet connection because when you are setting the privacy settings to ‘only me’, Facebook doesn’t block you from seeing your own profile picture.
If your internet connection is slow, then it can’t load your profile picture, so the solution to this is simple, you just have to install a Wifi with a high-speed internet connection.
Check out the hotspot connection range initially and then try to fix the issue. If it is low then go with this How to Increase Mobile Hotspot Range guide and solve the internet issue.
If you want your profile picture to be locked and you want to do it on your Messenger app, you have to lock your profile picture by editing the privacy settings. When your profile picture is locked, no one can either open it on a new tab or see it in full resolution.
In the privacy tab of your profile picture, you can select some accounts from your Facebook friends list and hide your profile picture from them, or if you want to hide your profile picture from everyone, you can just change the privacy settings to ‘only me’.
Once you change your privacy settings to this, your profile picture becomes unclickable and unopenable.
The blue dot on your Messenger indicates messages that are unread. Whenever people text you, and you have not seen their messages, a blue dot will appear next to their name in order to show you that you haven’t replied to them or seen their message. This feature was introduced so that you can identify those chats who texts you haven’t seen. Once you open the chat with a blue dot, it will show seen to the sender, and the blue dot will disappear from your Messenger.
You can also see the blue dots on your message request section. This is a section where chats from people who are not your friends on Facebook is shown. Here also, the chats you haven’t seen are marked with a blue dot for you to identify the chats you haven’t replied to.
So now you must have been clear that the blue dot on your Messenger indicates those chats which are not seen by you.
From the article, you must have surely learned how to change your profile picture on Messenger. You just need to click on your profile picture and change it to a new one. Now, you can also control who can see your profile picture from the Messenger app, you just need to change the privacy settings, and you are good to go.
- How to Disable WhatsApp Web’s Persistent Notification in 2021? | Know WhatsApp Web is Currently Active Meaning
- Best Methods to Freeze Last Seen on WhatsApp in 2021 | How to Hide Last Seen on WhatsApp?
- How To Know If Your WhatsApp Is Being Monitored? | How Can I Stop & Secure WhatsApp From Monitoring by Someone?
- Colored Text Generator Copy and Paste on WhatsApp | How to Change Text Color in WhatsApp Status
- Guide on WhatsApp Unblock Hack 2021 | Unblock Yourself On WhatsApp With These Hacks Easily
- How To Use WhatsApp on PC without QR Code? | Steps to Operate WhatsApp Web Messenger On Desktop Easily
- Happy Children’s Day 2021 WhatsApp Status Videos, Wishes, Quotes, Gifs, DP’s, Stickers, Posters | Essay & Speech on Children’s Day in English, Hindi, Telugu
- Multiple Ways You Can Try To Increase Your Whatsapp Group Limit To 10k
Instagram1 year ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2020 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram1 year ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2020 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News1 year ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News12 months ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News2 months ago
How To Spot Fake Accounts on Social Media – Telegram, WhatsApp, and Signal
News3 months ago
Snapchat Usernames Guide: Snapchat Username Ideas, How to Change Username on Snapchat & Best Snapchat Names List
News12 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Captions 2020 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News2 months ago
Happy Dasara WhatsApp Status 2021 Video Free Download | Share Vijaya Dashami Status Images, Wishes, Quotes on WhatsApp