Restore Whatsapp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone Free: Transfering data to another phone is never something anyone looks forward to. Bought a new phone? Now you gotta transfer all your Whatsapp data to the new device. No one likes losing all their messages and stored data while switching devices. It is especially challenging when you are moving from using an Android device to an iOS.
This problem arises because you can not use the same programs designed in iOS for transferring any data between your android and iOS devices. It is not easy to transfer data from Google Drive to your iPhone. Thus, in this article, we will share multiple ways you can use to restore your data from Google Drive to your iPhone.
List of contents in this article-
- Where Are Whatsapp Messages Stored?
- Can You Restore Whatsapp Backup Directly From Google Drive to iPhone?
- Restore Whatsapp Backup From Google Drive To An Android Device
- How To Restore Whatsapp Backup Through Mail By Exporting Whatsapp Messages From Android To iPhone
- Use A Third-Party Tool To Directly Transfer Whatsapp Backup From Google Drive To iPhone
- How To Restore Whatsapp From iCloud To iPhone?
- FAQs On How To Retrieve Whatsapp Backup From Google Drive To iPhone
You can also check out the attached video given below to know how to restore Whatsapp backup from Google Drive to iPhone-
Regardless of what users may think, your Whatsapp messages are not saved on their server. This is to ensure that your Whatsapp messages cannot be synced with users’ accounts. Users are allowed to back up their Whatsapp chats to iCloud or iTunes on iPhone and Google Drive on Android phones.
You can also find the local Whatsapp messages on your Android phone. However, you can not read them due to the Whatsapp protection mechanism.
Since Android and iPhone devices use different platforms to create Whatsapp backup, you can restore Whatsapp data from Google Drive to an Android device but not to an iPhone. The encryption protocols used by Google Drive do not go well with the iOS operating system.
The encryption protects the data and avoids any potential cyber-attacks whenever you transfer any data to Google Drive. The iOS uses a different encryption protocol than the one used by Google Drive. This is why you cannot restore any data from Google Drive to iPhone directly. In fact, you cannot even transfer any data between Google Drive and iCloud storage due to incompatibility between their respective encryption protocols.
Therefore, in this article, we will share some indirect methods to transfer Whatsapp data and get your job done easily.
Before trying and moving forward with any of the methods, you will be required to restore all your Whatsapp data to an Android device. Thus, follow the steps given below to restore Whatsapp Backup from Google Drive to an Android device-
- If you already have the Whatsapp application on your device, uninstall it. Then reinstall it from the Play Store.
- During the re-installation process, it will ask you for phone number verification. Make sure to type the same phone number that you used to create the account/backup in the first place.
- The next few pop-ups will ask for access to your media files, contacts, etc. Allow them.
- When WhatsApp detects the Google Drive Backup, tap on ‘Restore.’ Make sure you tap on Restore and not on Skip. This is important because if you accidentally tapped on Skip, you will not be able to restore your Whatsapp data again.
- Now, wait for the restoration process to complete. Once done, tap on ‘Next.’
This way you have successfully restored your Whatsapp messages from Google Drive. You can now go on to use different methods to transfer this data to iPhone.
You can also check out our article on How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages by Restoring from a Backup?
You can transfer all your Whatsapp data through email from Android to iPhone. As the heading suggests, you can share your Whatsapp data through a mail attachment and then download it on your iPhone. It is a completely free method, but a little complicated. With this, you can share up to 40,000 latest Whatsapp chat messages.
Though if you add media files with the messages, the number comes down to 10,000. This method is great for people who do not wish to use any third-party apps and only require their recent messages.
Follow the given steps to use this method to restore all your Whatsapp messages-
- First, restore your Whatsapp data from Google Drive to your Android device. To do so, follow the section given just above this.
- After the restoration, open the Whatsapp chats that you want to transfer to your iPhone.
- In the chat, tap on the three vertical dots on the top right corner of the chat screen.
- Next, tap on ‘More’ and select the ‘Export chat’ option from the drop-down menu.
- In doing so, a new pop-up window will appear with two options- ‘Include media’ or ‘Without media.’ Choose according to your needs. Just remember, without media, it will transfer 40,000 messages whereas, with media, only 10,000.
- After making your selection regarding the media, select Gmail from the list of apps that come up on the screen.
- Next, enter the email address where you want to send your Whatsapp chats.
- Finally, tap on the arrow icon to send your Whatsapp messages via email.
Now, you can download these attachments on your iPhone to view the messages. However, one disadvantage of this method is that you cannot access these chats on Whatsapp as these attachments will be in TXT form.
If the Email method is not for you, you can try this instead. There are multiple third-party apps available in the market that allow you to directly transfer and restore Whatsapp messages from Google Drive to your iPhone.
The way they work is that these apps bypass the encryption protocols that restrict you from transferring the data directly from your google drive to your iPhone. Thus, allowing you to easily restore your Whatsapp messages straight to your iPhone.
In this article, we have mentioned and elaborated on three such apps. You can choose any of them as per your desire.
Mobitrix Whatsapp Transfer is a third-party app that you can utilize to manage your Whatsapp account. It supports all versions of the Android operating system and all versions of iOS firmware. Thus, you can use it to transfer data between any and all Android and iOS devices. It also provides you with an option to create a complete backup of your data on your computer free of cost without losing any data on your device.
Therefore, follow the steps given below to make the most of this application-
- First, you need to restore your Whatsapp data from Google Drive to your Android device. To do so, follow the steps given above under the similarly named section (above Method 1).
- After you have restored the Whatsapp data to your Android device, it is time to move to Mobitrix.
- Install and launch the application on your computer.
- Next, click on ‘Transfer WhatsApp between devices’ from the top-left corner of the screen.
- Now, connect both your Android and iPhone devices to the computer with the help of USB cables.
- Once the program detects both your devices, make sure that the ‘Source’ is your Android device, and the ‘Destination’ is your iPhone. This should not be the other way round.
- After that, click on ‘Transfer’. This will begin the transferring process from your Android device to your iPhone.
- Let the transferring process complete. Once done, you should be able to access all your WhatsApp data on your iPhone.
iTransor is a great third-party app for those looking to restore their Whatsapp data between two differently operated platforms. It is fairly easy to use and does not cause any issues. Follow the given steps to know how to use iTransor to transfer Whatsapp data from Google Drive straight to your iPhone-
- First, download and install iTransor on your computer.
- Click on ‘Restore/Export WhatsApp backup.’ Then, click on ‘Import Google Drive Backup.’
- Next, log in to your Google Drive.
- Come back to the iTransor window and choose a backup option. You will see two options. Choose ‘Export to Computer.’
- In doing so, the program will begin. Wait for it to complete.
- You will be able to see the Whatsapp backup from Google Drive, select the data you want to export.
Now, you will be able to access your Whatsapp data from your iPhone.
MobileTrans is yet another great third-party app that you can use to transfer Whatsapp data from Google Drive directly to your iPhone. It is a bit difficult to understand and follow through but gets the job done correctly. Follow the steps given below to successfully transfer your Whatsapp data-
- The first step is to download and install AnyTrans on your computer.
- Then, from the multiple options given on the left side of the screen, click on ‘Social Messages Manager.’
- After that, select the ‘From Google Drive Backup’ option.
- Log in to your Google account. Once you do that, you will be able to view all your Whatsapp backup history on Google Drive. Choose any to get restore it.
- If you want to restore calls and messages, you need to connect your ‘source’ Android phone and decrypt it first. For example, if you want to restore messages, click on ‘Messages.’
- Next, to decrypt messages, you will have to install Whatsapp Custom Version to your source Android device. Follow the instructions that come with it. Give Whatsapp Custom Version permission to access your Whatsapp data and sign in with the same Google Drive account to restore the backup data.
- Once done, come back to the 5th point. Now you will have access to messages. Connect your iPhone to the computer through a USB cable to see and select specific messages to restore to iPhone.
It will take a few minutes to see the ‘Restore process completed’ page. But when you see it, you can be assured your restoration is complete.
You can easily restore your Whatsapp data from iCloud to your iPhone. Simply follow the given steps to restore any data you want from iCloud to iPhone-
- First, you need to be on the latest version. To do so, go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS updates.
- Next, check for the latest backup. Tap on Settings and go to your Apple Account > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups.
- Now, tap a device listed under Backups to check the details (date, size, etc) of the last backup you took. If no backup is available or there have been no recent backups, first back up all the data on your iPhone at present before proceeding further.
- Once done, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap on ‘Erase All Content and Settings.’
- Now, go to Apps & Data in Settings and tap on ‘Restore from iCloud Backup.’ Here you will have to sign in with your Apple ID. After signing up, tap on ‘Choose backup’ and select ‘Whatsapp Backup’ and other files from the list of available backups in iCloud.
- Lastly, tap on Restore and just wait for the files to download on your iPhone.
1. Why can’t I directly restore my Whatsapp data backup from Google Drive to iPhone?
Due to the use of different encryption protocols, you can not directly restore Whatsapp backup from Google Drive to iPhone. However, you can use mail or third-party apps to accomplish your goal.
2. Is it safe to use third-party apps?
Yes, it is safe to use third-party apps. We wouldn’t recommend using them all the time due to safety reasons but sometimes, there is no harm.
3. Is it a tough process to transfer my data from Google Drive to iPhone?
It depends on which method you use and prefer. It can be a bit lengthy process but not necessarily tough.
To conclude, now you know approximately most of the methods available out there to restore your Whatsapp backup from Google Drive to your iPhone. It is a bit tricky, no doubt, but it’s nothing you can’t manage. Use either of the methods and applications you are comfortable with. Follow the steps correctly and you are good to go.
If you have any more doubts on How To Restore Whatsapp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone, please post them in the comments section. Tell us if this article helped you in any way and if you liked our article, be sure to check out our other works as well!
- How To Open WhatsApp Web? | Use WhatsApp Web on PC, Laptop, Mobile, Tablet
- How To Use WhatsApp Web? – Use WhatsApp Web on Laptop, PC, Phone or Tablet
- Happy Raksha Bandhan Whatsapp Status Video Download MP4 & MP3, Images, Wishes, Quotes for Brother & Sister to Share
- WhatsApp Web QR Code Generator | Whatsapp Web QR Code Scanner on your Mobile Device
- How to Earn Extra Income? Side income ideas to earn extra money
- Everything About WhatsApp Web Download for Windows 10, Android, iOS & MacOS Devices
- 50+ Whatsapp Chat Wallpaper Ideas in 2022 | Best Chat Whatsapp Wallpaper HD Free Download
- A Beginner’s Guide on WhatsApp Application | Check Definition, Features, WA Download, Whatsapp DP Images, Hacks & Tricks of 2022
Instagram5 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2022 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram5 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2022 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News4 months ago
Latest & Cute Cartoon DP for Whatsapp with Quotes | Download Free HD Funny Cartoon Images for Whatsapp Status
News5 months ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News2 years ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News5 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Picture Captions 2022 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
Instagram5 months ago
25+ Famous Relationship Bio for Instagram | Best Instagram Bios for Relationship Status
News5 months ago
100+ Best Cute Sweet Funny Instagram Captions for Sisters Photo | Get Free IG Quotes & Puns for Sisters Selfies