Best Ways to Revive an Old Laptop Battery: If your laptop is old, your battery must be draining at a faster rate than earlier. It is quite annoying as you might think that your battery is completely dead. However, before throwing out your old laptop, you need to try some ways to restore the damaged laptop battery as there are chances to give life to your old laptop.
In this article, you will find a step-by-step process on how to revive your old battery at home. Here, we have tested on the NinjaBatt and DJ1J0 battery models but you can also apply these tricks to revive your battery for another 6 months.
- How Can I Revive Old Laptop battery Cell from Home?
- How To Repair Laptop Battery?
Let’s check the different simple ways to fix an issue of reviving the back damaged battery:
Basic Checkpoint for laptop battery (Li-ion)
Sometimes, the problem may not lie with the battery but also with your laptop. An old laptop may have numerous issues so it is recommended to check your laptop first before trying any of these 5 methods.
This is one of the best methods you can find on the list. The freezing method can jump-start your dead battery and you can do this process by following a few precautions.
- Take the battery out of your laptop and carefully seal it in a Ziploc bag.
- Carefully place the Ziploc bag into your freezer and leave it for about 12 to 20 hours.
- After it freezes, remove the Ziploc bag slowly and let the battery warm up till it reaches room temperature. Cautiously, wipe away the condensed water after it reaches room temperature.
- Reinsert your battery and charge your laptop completely.
- After it is completely charged, let the battery drain completely.
- Repeat the charging and discharging process at least 4 to 5 times. Unless your battery is leaking acid, you will be able to get some juice out of your laptop for a long time.
The cooling pad method works best for a lithium-ion battery and it increases the battery’s life. You may think that your battery is dying but heating could be a major issue. If you do not wish to spend money on a cooling pad, we recommend you to use your laptop only in air-conditioned rooms.
If your battery is on its last legs, it is most likely due to obsolescence. You can use recalibration here and it is done when your operating system is unable to figure out the remaining capacity of the battery.
You can figure out your battery’s need for recalibration when it does not completely charge or if your laptop dies sooner than you anticipated. Although different models of laptops have different calibration tools, here is a standard procedure.
Do check on the internet before following this step-by-step.
- Charge your battery completely and leave it for 2 hours to cool down.
- Disconnect the power and let the battery drain by running it till the laptop dies. You can set it to sleep as well.
- Let the laptop remain switched off for at least 3 to 5 hours.
- Switch on your laptop after that and charge it completely. Your battery is now recalibrated and your operating system will provide you with an accurate reading.
This method works if your laptop has an easily removable battery and you need to remove the battery when the laptop is plugged in. Some laptops do not work after the battery is removed so do this method only if your laptop works.
Your battery will get a jump-start even if it is not inside the laptop. Doing this method can increase the life of your battery as it is cool and not hot when plugged in. Although this method is quite time-consuming and annoying, you can try this as a last resort.
Do not let your laptop die in this method. Unplug your laptop immediately after it reaches 100% and plugs it back in once the battery reaches below 10%. As a word of caution, do not do this method numerous times on lithium-ion batteries and charger lithium-ion batteries normally. This method will give your battery a better life cycle.
If you want to check out other tech guides regarding laptop resolving issues, then click on the links available:
If your laptop battery is not charging at all and none of the above methods worked, there are a few tricks you can still do. Sometimes the problem lies in the battery cells instead of the battery. Before you set out to purchase a new one, try these final steps to revive your laptop battery.
- Shut down your laptop: Shut down the laptop to prevent it from getting further damaged. Remove the battery after that.
- Check the power: Before taking out the battery, check whether the battery has lost all power. It is better to replace the cells when there is no power.
- Open the Battery case: Gather some tools like a screwdriver or a knife and carefully open the battery case.
- Take a Picture: After you remove the battery case, there will be a lot of circuits and you do not want to mess that up. So it is better to take a picture so that you can follow the system to set the battery cells.
- Remove the Old cells: Use a voltmeter to check the power of the battery otherwise you may get a shock. Carefully remove the wires and remove the old cells from the circuit board.
- Replace the cells: Check the picture you clicked and carefully follow that system. Insert the new cells and ensure that everything is in order.
- Charge for 12 hours: After you insert your battery and start the system, leave it plugged for 10 to 12 hours and reduce your charging time after that.
Do not use any other battery if you are replacing it finally. If none of the above methods work on your laptop, it is time to get a replacement. The process of How to Revive an Old Laptop Battery has been explained above effectively please go through them and choose the suitable one to perform and fix an issue. For more resolving guides please visit our website @Newsozzy.com daily.
- How To Resolve Prohibitory Symbol on Macbook Pro in 2021? [Best Guide]
- How to Recover or Repair Corrupted JPEG, JPG, GIF, TIFF, and BMP Photos in 2021?
- Best Ways to Fix Download Instagram DP’s | Using Instagram DP Viewer or Insta Profile Picture Downloader
- How to Limit Data Usage on Mobile Hotspot [Android/iPhone/Samsung] in 2021?
- Complete Guide on Removing the Write Protection from an SD card or a Pen Drive
- How to Share Computer Internet with Phone Wirelessly using USB or Wifi?
- What Does The Abbreviation SFS Stand For On Snapchat? | How To Use It?
- Happy Dussehra WhatsApp Status Videos Free Download | MP3 & MP4 Dasara Status Videos, Images, DP’s for WhatsApp
Instagram11 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2020 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram11 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2020 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News11 months ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News10 months ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News2 months ago
Snapchat Usernames Guide: Snapchat Username Ideas, How to Change Username on Snapchat & Best Snapchat Names List
News11 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Captions 2020 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News3 days ago
Happy Dasara WhatsApp Status 2021 Video Free Download | Share Vijaya Dashami Status Images, Wishes, Quotes on WhatsApp
Instagram10 months ago
25+ Famous Relationship Bio for Instagram | Best Instagram Bios for Relationship Status