Make SD Card Default Storage Whatsapp: Whatsapp is currently, one of the leading social media apps. A huge amount of messages and information is shared through this messaging app on a daily basis. Whatsapp requires you to download any media (pictures, posts, videos, gifs, stickers, etc.) before you are able to see it.
Usually, the default setting for storing this data from Whatsapp is internal storage. But sometimes, this can be a hassle for some people. Therefore, in this article of How can I make my SD card as default storage for Whatsapp, we will share multiple ways you can try to change your default storage setting, particularly for Whatsapp and whatsapp storage location change.
List of contents in this article-
- Advantages Of Switching To SD Card As The Default Setting For Storing Whatsapp Data.
- Re-locate Your Whatsapp Data To SD Card Manually
- How to Move WhatsApp Media to External SD Card By Using A Laptop Or Computer? (No Rooting Required)
- Make SD Card Default Storage For Whatsapp Media Using Third-Party Apps (Rooting Your Phone May Be Required)
You can also check out the attached video below to know how to set SD card as the default storage option for all the data you download on Whatsapp-
There are multiple advantages of switching to an SD card as the default storage for whatsapp. Some of them are listed below-
- It will free up space in your mobile storage when there won’t be excess Whatsapp data taking up too much storage.
- Similarly, if your device has a small storage capacity and you free up some space by relocating Whatsapp’s default storage, your mobile phone will perform with faster speed.
- Normally If you uninstall Whatsapp from your mobile phone, the stored data on the SD card will not be removed, but in case the Whatsapp is mounted onto the SD card, the data can be deleted upon uninstallation.
You can move your Whatsapp data manually from the internal storage to the SD card easily. It is quite literally the easiest way to re-locate your data, especially pictures and videos. It will create more space and also improve the speed of your device. Follow the steps given below to learn how to do so-
- First, open your File Manager. This is where all your files and data is saved. If you can’t find the file manager on your phone, then make sure to install the application. It is necessary to get access to your phone’s files.
- Next, scroll down and find the Whatsapp folder. Once you find it, click on it and look for the Media folder within it.
- Now you just need to select whatever media you want to re-locate. After selecting, click on the move option on your device and re-locate the media file to the SD card.
It’s that simple! You do not need to root your device for this method either. The only drawback of this method is that it is not automated. You will have to manually transfer your data every time. Thus, if this method does not work for you, then keep reading further for more options.
If you have accidentally deleted or lost your Whatsapp data somehow and want it back, check out our other article- A Guide On How To Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages.
When you don’t want to or can’t root your device for some reason, you can try this method. To make an SD card the default storage through this method, you will require a USB cable. Make sure that it is compatible with your mobile phone and then you can start the process. Follow the below-given steps to do so-
- Connect your Android phone to a computer using a compatible and working USB cable. The PC should be able to detect the cable.
- After connecting and detecting the device, find the Whatsapp folder on your phone’s internal storage. Go to the location where the device folder is set and open it.
- Next, find the Whatsapp folder in the list and select that.
- Now, select the media folder, cut, and carefully paste it to the SD memory card folder. To be safe, copy and paste first. When it’s done, delete it from the previous location.
This is one of the easiest methods you can try to make the SD card your default storage option for all Whatsapp media. Your phone storage now has more space for storing other data with increased functioning speed.
There are multiple third-party apps available online for this purpose. These apps allow you to permanently make your SD card the default storage option for all your Whatsapp media and data. Some of these apps are-
- Photo & File Redirect (without Root)
- AppMgr III (App 2 SD, Hide, and Freeze apps)
- Files To SD Card
For most of these apps, the steps are pretty simple-
- Download the application.
- Install it on your device.
- Next, open the application and select the data you want to move.
- After that click on move to SD card option.
- In some, make the external SD card the default option.
However, some apps are a bit complicated and require more work. For example, we will show the step by step process on how the app XInternalSD works-
- Download the app. It will help in changing the path for any customized path.
- After downloading, open the user interface of the XInternalSD app.
- From the multiple available options, change the internal SD card to the external SD card.
- Now, from enabling apps, select the Whatsapp option.
- Next, copy the Whatsapp folder to the external SD card folder. After this, make sure to remove or delete the Whatsapp folder from the internal SD card folder.
(Do not cut and paste right away as a precaution. Better be safe than sorry and regret later if something goes wrong)
Once this is done, you will see that your Whatsapp data will start saving on your external SD card instead of your internal storage.
Thus, in conclusion, now you know multiple ways you can try and use to make the SD Card your default storage setting to store everything you download on Whatsapp. You can now store all your Whatsapp data directly on your SD Card and save your Internal Device storage. No need to delete or transfer any data manually every few days to get more space anymore.
If you have any more doubts about SD Card Default Storage Whatsapp, please post them in the comments section. Tell us if this article helped you in any way and if you liked our article, be sure to check out our other works as well!
- How to Hide Your WhatsApp “Online Status” While Chatting in Android and iPhone?
- Can I Send Whatsapp Message to Unsaved Number From PC, Android, iPhone? | 2022 Whatsapp Tips & Tricks
- 8 Best Online Tracker Apps for Whatsapp Notifications and Last Seen in 2022
- Why Whatsapp Images and Videos are not Showing in my Gallery – Android & iOS (2022)?
- How To Fix Common Whatsapp Problems Easily? | Simple Guide To Solve Whatsapp Not Working Issue 2022
- Happy Pongal 2022: Best Wishes Images, Quotes, Shayari, Gifs, Wallpapers HD, Greetings, Background Pics to Share with Loved Ones on Pongal Festival
- Happy Pongal WhatsApp Status Video Download for Free 2022 | Makar Sankranti Festival Status Wishes in English, Telugu, Tamil, Hindi | WhatsApp DP’s & Stickers for Pongal 2022
- Happy Pongal Rangoli Designs: Special Makar Sankranthi Chukkala Muggulu, Trending Haldi Kumkum Rangoli Designs for Uttarayan/Kite Festival 2022
Instagram1 year ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2020 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram1 year ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2020 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News1 year ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News1 year ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News1 year ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Captions 2020 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News4 months ago
How To Spot Fake Accounts on Social Media – Telegram, WhatsApp, and Signal
News5 months ago
Snapchat Usernames Guide: Snapchat Username Ideas, How to Change Username on Snapchat & Best Snapchat Names List
Instagram1 year ago
25+ Famous Relationship Bio for Instagram | Best Instagram Bios for Relationship Status