What Does the Lock Symbol Mean on Snapchat Stories: The lock symbol which is available next to a Snapchat story means that a particular story is private. This feature has been on the application for a long time and enables users to share any story only with selected people.
Private stories are only visible to the users that granted permission to view those stories. When you share a private story with someone, they will see a purple lock on your profile icon in their Stories section. When a story is viewed then it turns out to be a grey lock.
In this article, you will understand what the lock means for Snapchat stories and how you can create your very own private story.
Table of Contents
What Does the Lock Symbol Mean on Snapchat Stories?
Snapchat private stories are only visible to selected friends. You may have come across a story with a purple lock when scrolling through Snapchat, this is unrelated to your account. The presence of a purple lock on someone’s story indicates that it is a private story only shared with you. Private stories are a new feature that allows users to protect their privacy while also giving them more control over who sees their stories.
A private story is only sent to the people you specify. It is possible to create an entire group and send specific stories to only these users. Any user who receives such a story will see a purple lock icon. Private stories are a great way for us to post whatever we want without worrying about who follows us on Snapchat. The purple lock alerts the viewer that they are viewing a private story, and not a regular story, which is usually posted.
The private story feature allows the user to have more control over who sees these videos and photos. As a result, private stories are an excellent way to limit or expand your audience based on your preferences.
Below are few reasons where you can use this feature,
- If you are running a business with a defined target market.
- If you wish to send a photo to a few of your closest friends.
- If you want to upload a snap that is customized to a specific fan base.
- If you want to share personal information about yourself with a select group of people.
Now let us see how to post a private story on the Snapchat application.
How to Post a Private Story on Snapchat?
The story will only be seen by the users you choose. When you publish the story, the icon will be accompanied by a purple lock. This will let them know that they are viewing a private story. The user can currently create up to ten private tales.
Below are the steps to make a private story,
- Step-1: Launch the Snapchat application
- Step-2: Tap on your profile picture icon
- Step-3: Tap on the “+ New Story” Option under My Stories
- Step-4: Select the New Private Story option
- Step-5: Now select the friend you want to share a private story and tap on “Create Story“
- Step-6: Give the title of your story under “Name Your Story” and tap on Done.
- Step-7: Click the picture or select the picture you want to share with selected friends and post it as a story.
- Step-8: Now you could see the story got updated under My Stories
How Does Private Story look For The User You Have Added?
Once you send out the private story, the user who receives such a story in the purple color lock icon.
Once the user has viewed your private story, it turns out to grey color lock icon. Like the below image,
We hope that this article was useful and that you now know what the lock icon on Snapchat Stories means.
- How To Resolve Prohibitory Symbol on Macbook Pro in 2021? [Best Guide]
- How to Recover or Repair Corrupted JPEG, JPG, GIF, TIFF, and BMP Photos in 2021?
- Best Ways to Fix Download Instagram DP’s | Using Instagram DP Viewer or Insta Profile Picture Downloader
- How to Limit Data Usage on Mobile Hotspot [Android/iPhone/Samsung] in 2021?
- Complete Guide on Removing the Write Protection from an SD card or a Pen Drive
- How to Share Computer Internet with Phone Wirelessly using USB or Wifi?
- What Does The Abbreviation SFS Stand For On Snapchat? | How To Use It?
- Happy Dussehra WhatsApp Status Videos Free Download | MP3 & MP4 Dasara Status Videos, Images, DP’s for WhatsApp
Instagram11 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2020 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram11 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2020 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News11 months ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News10 months ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News2 months ago
Snapchat Usernames Guide: Snapchat Username Ideas, How to Change Username on Snapchat & Best Snapchat Names List
News11 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Captions 2020 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News3 days ago
Happy Dasara WhatsApp Status 2021 Video Free Download | Share Vijaya Dashami Status Images, Wishes, Quotes on WhatsApp
Instagram10 months ago
25+ Famous Relationship Bio for Instagram | Best Instagram Bios for Relationship Status