What happens when you unblock someone on WhatsApp: WhatsApp is a popular alternative among common messaging apps such as iMessage and Facebook Messenger. It is mainly used to communicate with family, friends, and known persons via texting, sharing pictures, audio, and video calling.
Sometimes one can feel so awkward or irritated with someone while interacting then it becomes necessary to block them on WhatsApp or other social media apps. In some cases like whether you are receiving calls or texts from an unknown number or whether you are being harassed by someone you do or do not know, blocking someone makes it easier to stop contact without any hassle or without one feeling uncomfortable.
After you clear all the clashes with those persons, you feel to unblock them on WhatsApp and continue talking with them. When you do decide to unblock someone on WhatsApp after a certain time, the question arises of what happens when you unblock someone on WhatsApp?
Will the person who has been unblocked find out when they have been unblocked? How can you find out if you have been unblocked? and so many questions have been raised in your mind. So, this article clarifies all your queries and provides you with information on what happens when you unblock friends on WhatsApp.
- What happens when you unblock someone on WhatsApp?
- How to Unblock Someone on WhatsApp?
- Alternative Method to Unblock Friends on Whatsapp
- Does WhatsApp notify when you unblock someone?
- How do I retrieve blocked WhatsApp messages?
If you unblock a contact, you won’t receive any messages, calls, or status updates the contact sent you during the time they were blocked.
Once you unblock the contact, the messages that were sent to you while you had blocked the contact won’t be sent to you at all.
If you unblock a contact that wasn’t previously saved in your phone’s contact list then you will not be able to restore that contact or phone number to your device.
- In WhatsApp, tap on the three vertical dots in the top right hand of your screen, then Settings.
- Tap Account and then hit on Privacy and then Blocked contacts.
- Click on the contact you want to unblock.
- Finally, Tap Unblock contact.
You can also search for the contact you blocked from the contacts list and then follow the below steps:
- Open the chat,
- Tap on the contact’s name,
- Then tap “Unblock”.
Do Read: How to Unblock Yourself on WhatsApp?
How can you know if you have been unblocked on WhatsApp?
To find out whether or not you have been unblocked on WhatsApp, these details must be attended to:
- Profile Picture: If instead of a profile picture, the silhouette of a person can be seen, it can be understood that you have been blocked. However, if you now can see the profile picture, it means that you have now been unblocked.
- WhatsApp Status: If you are able to view the status of the person who had previously blocked you, it is to be understood that you have now been unblocked.
- Voice call and Video call: If you can either voice call or either video call the person who had previously unblocked you, and if your calls do get delivered, it means that you have been unblocked.
- Read Receipts: The read receipts or the tick mark symbols denote if your message can be delivered or not. When a person blocks you on WhatsApp, your messages might get sent but not delivered. This can be seen or understood in the form of a single tick mark symbol. When you do get unblocked, the messages that were previously sent might not get delivered to the person. Although if you do send a message to the person who had previously blocked you, and if your texts get delivered, as seen in the form of two tick mark symbols, then it can be understood that you have now been unblocked by the person.
- Last seen: The last seen can only be seen if the contact has not blocked you and if the last seen is active in their privacy settings. If you can now see the contact’s last seen then it means that the contact has unblocked you.
WhatsApp does not send a notification when you unblock someone. However, one may be able to find out that they have been unblocked on WhatsApp when your profile picture is visible to them when your status appears to them, and when your last seen is visible to them.
When the contact who had previously been blocked can now send you messages or when the texts get delivered to you, they now know that they have been unblocked.
Retrieving blocked messages is not possible without a third-party application. In order to retrieve deleted or old WhatsApp messages and media files, Android users can use DroidKit or PhoneRescue.
Here are the steps to recover deleted WhatsApp messages using DroidKit:
- Download DroidKit and open it.
- Choose “WhatsApp Recovery” mode.
- Tap on the “Start” button.
- To recover WhatsApp data, one must follow these steps from their WhatsApp account.
- In WhatsApp, tap on the three vertical dots on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Settings”
- Tap on “Chats”
- At the bottom of your screen, select “Chat backup” and backup your WhatsApp data selecting the option of “backup”.
- Follow the DroidKit steps to install the Custom version of WhatsApp on your Android.
- Give it the storage access permission.
- Restore the data to the Custom WhatsApp from the official WhatsApp.
Now DroidKit will scan the deleted WhatsApp messages from your Android device automatically.
Here are the steps to recover deleted WhatsApp messages using PhoneRescue:
- Download PhoneRescue and open it.
- Choose WhatsApp and click next to start scanning your phone.
- View and Recover WhatsApp messages by clicking the recover button at the bottom right.
The above-mentioned information tells us what happens when you unblock someone on WhatsApp. Those are the changes that one should find out when one gets unblocked on WhatsApp. Find more information about the WhatsApp application from our site @NewsOzzy.com and fix all your issues regarding the app.
- How To Open WhatsApp Web? | Use WhatsApp Web on PC, Laptop, Mobile, Tablet
- How To Use WhatsApp Web? – Use WhatsApp Web on Laptop, PC, Phone or Tablet
- Happy Raksha Bandhan Whatsapp Status Video Download MP4 & MP3, Images, Wishes, Quotes for Brother & Sister to Share
- WhatsApp Web QR Code Generator | Whatsapp Web QR Code Scanner on your Mobile Device
- How to Earn Extra Income? Side income ideas to earn extra money
- Everything About WhatsApp Web Download for Windows 10, Android, iOS & MacOS Devices
- 50+ Whatsapp Chat Wallpaper Ideas in 2022 | Best Chat Whatsapp Wallpaper HD Free Download
- A Beginner’s Guide on WhatsApp Application | Check Definition, Features, WA Download, Whatsapp DP Images, Hacks & Tricks of 2022
Instagram5 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2022 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram5 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2022 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News4 months ago
Latest & Cute Cartoon DP for Whatsapp with Quotes | Download Free HD Funny Cartoon Images for Whatsapp Status
News5 months ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News2 years ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News5 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Picture Captions 2022 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
Instagram5 months ago
25+ Famous Relationship Bio for Instagram | Best Instagram Bios for Relationship Status
News5 months ago
100+ Best Cute Sweet Funny Instagram Captions for Sisters Photo | Get Free IG Quotes & Puns for Sisters Selfies