What Is Streaks On Snapchat: Snapchat has become one of the most famous and leading apps in the last few years. It was first launched in 2011. Ever since it became a game-changer in the world of social media apps. Its popularity has been on a continuous rise. This is especially true across millennial and gen z generations.
However, if you are new to the app, terms like “Snapchat Score” and “Snapchat streak” might sound unfamiliar and a bit daunting to you. This is why in this article we are going to share at length everything we know about Snapchat streaks. Scroll down below to continue reading.
Before you go any further, you can also check out the attached video to get an explanation of Snapchat streaks.
List of contents in this article-
- Introduction to Snaps and Stories
- What are Snapchat streaks?
- How to Start and Maintain a Snapchat Streak?
- Rules of Snapchat streak
- Snapchat Streak Emojis
- Why are Young People so interested in maintaining streaks?
- How to get your Snapchat Streak back?
Snapchat changed the face of social media when it was launched. It came up with completely new and unique features. These unique elements were a constant reminder of the fleeting nature of our memories. The photos or videos uploaded on the app were meant to be temporary, lasting for just a few seconds. This is great for security purposes if the users aren’t comfortable with sharing media for long periods of time.
When a user uploads a picture or a video on their profile, it is only available for 10 seconds. Later, Snapchat added the Stories feature, where the photo or the video is accessible for the following 24 hours instead of just a few seconds.
Do Check: Fix Snapchat not Loading Snaps
So, a Snap is a picture or a video that you send through the app to one or more of your friends. A Snap video can only be 60 seconds long (known as a Long Snap). Keeping in mind the app’s original feature, Snapchat doesn’t save any photo or video content on the platform. It deletes the shared content after the recipient has seen the Snap.
Stories on the other hand stay on the app for 24 hours before being deleted. If you would like to save your Story, you can do so easily. Just download them to your device’s camera roll or save them to Memories.
A Snapchat streak or Snap Streak tracks for how many consecutive days you and a friend have been sharing Snaps. Sharing snaps become a streak when you exchange them every day within 24 hours for two or more consecutive (continuous) days.
When you exchange snaps for two or more consecutive days, a fire emoji will appear beside your Streak partner’s Username. A number also appears beside the fire emoji that represents the number of days that you have consecutively snapped each other.
From the very beginning, the Users have loved and appreciated this unique feature. The more you snap, the longer your streak will get.
It is quite easy to start a successful Snapchat streak if you know what to do and what to avoid.
First and foremost, you need to make a list of all the people you trust to do this with you. Make sure that the people you decide are just as dedicated and enthusiastic about creating Snapchat streak as you are. You need someone trustworthy who will snap you every single day to not lose it.
Next, send a snap to everyone on your trustworthy list and wait for their reply. This is to expand your options. Do this every day and see who is constant in their responses and who is not. After you have sorted out the constant ones, you can continue snapping them consistently. You can even maintain casual snap streaks with all your friends. It is more important to have fun than be critical and technical about it.
Be consistent in your exchanging of snaps. Look out for the Hourglass emoji as it indicates that your snap streak is in danger and send a snap in time. Some people are so diligent about it that they even set alarms to exchange snaps regularly.
Starting a Snapchat Streak is easy, however, the challenging part is actually maintaining it. Not every interaction on the app counts as snap, so you need to be careful. Given below is a list of all the interactions that will not count for your Snapchat streak:
- Chat: Your text conversations with your friends will not count for your Snapchat streak. So make sure to send Snaps too.
- Group Chat: Sending snaps to many people together in a Group is not considered valid. It would surely make it easier for the users but Snapchat is smart and does not allow it.
- Stories: Sharing Stories does not count either, the snap should be for one particular user.
- Memories: Sharing Memories does not count as snapping either. You can share memories when you want to re-live certain moments, but it won’t help your streak.
- Spectacles: Snaps shared on Spectacles do not count for your Snapchat streak.
When you begin a Snap streak with someone, Snapchat shows different emojis next to your partner’s Username to signify for how long you have been maintaining a streak with them. The Fire emoji is the first to present. It appears after you have been exchanging snaps with your friend for two or more consecutive days. Other than this, there are three more emojis that appear signifying your Snap streak status. In total, they all are-
- Fire emoji– It is the first to appear after exchanging snaps for two or more consecutive days. It shows that your Snap streak has begun.
- Hourglass emoji– If this emoji appears, it means your snap streak is in danger. It appears when you haven’t exchanged snaps that day and your time is about to be up, so do it soon.
- 100 emoji– This emoji means that you and your partner have successfully crossed the 100-day mark.
- Mountain emoji– It is the rarest emoji to appear. It indicates particularly long streaks. Usually, top-level users have this emoji beside their name. It takes a very long time and dedication to appear.
Streaks give users a sense of competition and companionship. It is tangible proof of their close friendship. A lot of young people also want to get streaks to rival other users, or to show that they have a very close friendship with a particular person. The higher your number is, the better your friendship is. For some, it dictates their social standing.
To put it in short, while it can be a fun thing to participate in with your friends and other users, too much of it can be equally harmful. The craze to get higher points can even make you an addict so indulge in it with caution.
Snap streak tends to expire if you fail to exchange a snap with your friend every day within the twenty-four-hour window. (Yes, exchange- both of you need to share a snap to keep it going, it is a two-person game.)
Snapchat usually gives you an alert that your time is going to be up by showing an Hourglass emoji beside your Snap streak partner’s name but sometimes, you still end up losing your hard work.
If you accidentally lose your Snap streak due to some technical issue, you can try and get it back from Snapchat Support. There is one condition though, the streak should have expired or lost with no personal fault of yours- like forgetting to exchange snap one day. Snapchat support will most likely only help you if the problem was from the technical end. Do not use this method every time you lose your streak. Keep this method only for serious times.
To know more in detail how to get your Snap streak back, click and read our article- How To Get Your Snap Streak Back On Snapchat In 2021.
Now you know most of what is there to know what is streaks on Snapchat, which is basically a compilation of snaps exchanged between two users for consecutive days without any lapse in between.
If you have any more doubts about what are Snapchat streaks, please post them in the comments section. Tell us if this article helped you in any way and if you liked our article, be sure to check out our other works as well!
- Affiliate Marketing in India – Beginner’s Guide | How to Start Affiliate Marketing in India and Earn Money?
- Start Working Online & Earn Money by Typing | Get Paid to Type Start Working Today
- All you need to know on How to Earn Extra Income? | Top Supplemental Income Sources
- Work From Home Part Time Online Jobs without Investment | Tips on How to Avoid Work From Home Job Scams
- Whatsapp DP Images, Pictures, Status Photos – New And Stylish Profile Pictures
- Best Whatsapp Mod Download Apps To Hide Your Online Status | Benefits of Top 5 Whatsapp Mods in 2021-2022
- 250+ (Not Boring) Questions To Ask To Get To Know Someone Better
- An Ultimate Instagram Guide 2022: Check Insta Features, Captions, Quotes, Bios, Usernames, Hashtags, Errors & Its Solutions, Tips & Tricks
Instagram2 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2022 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram2 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2022 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News2 months ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News1 year ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News2 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Picture Captions 2022 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
Instagram2 months ago
25+ Famous Relationship Bio for Instagram | Best Instagram Bios for Relationship Status
News2 months ago
100+ Best Cute Sweet Funny Instagram Captions for Sisters Photo | Get Free IG Quotes & Puns for Sisters Selfies
Instagram3 months ago
Good & Bad Mood Captions and Quotes for Instagram | Best Mood Off Captions for Girls & Boys