What is WhatsApp Web: WhatsApp, as we all know, has been one of the most popular social platforms among users. People extensively use WhatsApp to cater to their personal as well as professional needs. In such a scenario, you may wish to open your WhatsApp on a bigger screen or additional device to keep your phone handy with you to attend important calls and operate WhatsApp simultaneously.
But did you know that you could easily use WhatsApp on multiple devices with WhatsApp Web? Well, in this article we will talk about What is WhatsApp Web used for and other information related to it. After reading this, you must refer to our Best WhatsApp Web Tips and Tricks article too.
- What is WhatsApp Web and how does it work?
- What is the difference between WhatsApp and WhatsApp Web?
- Where is WhatsApp Web on my Phone? | How to Connect to Whatsapp Web?
- What is WhatsApp Web Log in and QR code?
- Where is WhatsApp Web in GB WhatsApp?
- What is WhatsApp Web Update?
- What is WhatsApp Web Beta?
- All About WhatsApp Desktop App Installation
- FAQs on What is WhatsApp Web Desktop?
WhatsApp Desktop is basically a browser-based extension for your mobile WhatsApp that helps you operate WhatsApp on multiple devices at the same time. WhatsApp Web works by syncing all the conversation, media, calls, and other account information between your primary device and the linked devices in such a way that you can retrieve data simultaneously from all of them.
This provides you provisions for large screen data retrieval, independency on phones, direct traversal to PC websites and portals like Gmail, Outlook, etc.
Also Read: WhatsApp Business Download.
WhatsApp is a mobile application that you can easily download from your Google Play Store or App Store and use on your mobile. This is a handy, portable option that allows you to send messages, media, video calls, voice calls, share location, etc. with an active internet connection. On the other hand, WhatsApp Web is a desktop version of WhatsApp that allows you to operate WhatsApp by going to the official web.whatsapp.com link.
You can also download a WhatsApp desktop app from an Android emulator or Microsoft store directly and connect your mobile WhatsApp with it by linking a QR code with the mobile scanner. This requires you to have a stable Wi-Fi or hotspot connection with your computer.
Unfortunately, unlike WhatsApp, WhatsApp Web does not provide a few features like sharing or seeing somebody’s location, making audio calls, etc. Video calls on the other hand can be made by using Facebook messenger rooms.
WhatsApp Web is not something that is present on your mobile. As mentioned earlier, WhatsApp Web allows you to open your mobile WhatsApp on your PC. To fetch WhatsApp Web from your phone first open the official link for web.whatsapp.com from your favorite PC web browser then to WhatsApp Settings.
This is the location on your phone, from where you need to access WhatsApp Web. Tap on Linked devices and this section will show all the portals where your WhatsApp Web is connected and also provide you the provision to link more new devices.
You heard that right, to log into your WhatsApp Web you will come across a QR code that links your mobile WhatsApp to your computer WhatsApp Web. If you are wondering what the steps are, then here they are:
- Type the link web.whatsapp.com on your computer web browser first and then follow the rest of the steps.
- Open the WhatsApp application on your phone and go to the three-dot button on the top right corner to fetch the settings.
- Next, tap on linked devices or Business tools followed by linked devices if you use WhatsApp Business.
- Next, you will find a page showing the devices that are presently linked with your WhatsApp. Click on Link a device, to link a new device. You will find a scanner opening after that.
- Use this scanner to scan the QR code displayed on your computer screen and your WhatsApp will open on your PC.
GB WhatsApp is a modified APK version of the original WhatsApp. Since it is not developed by the original developers there are many default WhatsApp features that can’t be expected in GB WhatsApp. Previously, GB WhatsApp couldn’t provide these features like chat backup, WhatsApp Web, location, etc. But, after the new 2021 update, we can easily do so.
If you are wondering how to access WhatsApp Web for GB WhatsApp first make sure to have a stable internet connection and an existing GB WhatsApp account. Then, simply open web.whatsapp.com on your computer browser and scan the QR code displayed. To scan, open GB WhatsApp, and go to WhatsApp Web under GB Settings.
When WhatsApp Web was launched by the developers, there were a lot of users complaining about the multiple bugs that they were facing at every step. Some of them included WhatsApp Web getting disconnected unnecessarily after a few spans of time, not updating or slow update of new messages, notification issues, white screen, not being able to place group video calls, etc.
This is why the developers came by with the new and powerful Beta update that solved all these issues in one go. Let’s read about the Beta update in more detail in the next section, till then refer to our articles WhatsApp notifications not coming.
To address the multiple bug reports by various users, WhatsApp launched its power tool Beta version. This comes with a multi-device feature that allows you to connect WhatsApp with multiple companion devices without the need to keep your mobile connected all the time. You get to link up your WhatsApp on various websites and devices keeping the end-to-end encryption intact and keeping your information safe and private at both ends.
Another extraordinary feature that you get here, is you can keep your account linked up even if your mobile does not have an active internet connection. If the mobile is disconnected for more than 14 days, it gets disconnected automatically. To activate this, simply tap on linked devices followed by Multi-device Beta while connecting the second device.
Then, finally, click on Join Beta followed by the Continue button.
Also, read Fix WhatsApp Web Not Working.
A WhatsApp desktop application is a permanent solution to use your WhatsApp anytime on your PC, without connecting your phone every single time. WhatsApp Desktop is a safe and reliable option that even provides you with features like an inbuilt camera and GPS. Following are the steps to install the WhatsApp Desktop app :
- Arrange a stable internet connection first for installing WhatsApp Desktop because it is a huge application and one hindrance will redirect and start re-downloading every single time.
- Tap on the search bar placed on the bottom left corner of your taskbar and type Microsoft store.
- 2. After opening the Microsoft store, type WhatsApp Desktop on the top right search bar, and press enter.
- 3. Click on the WhatsApp Desktop icon and click on Get to download it onto your system.
- 4. Tap on the launch button that shows up after successful installation. Shortcut for this is to fetching the recent apps bar and then drag the WhatsApp Desktop icon straight to your desktop screen.
- 5. Lastly, open the WhatsApp Desktop application and scan the QR code which you see on the home screen to log into your WhatsApp.
Must Refer: How To Use WhatsApp QR Code?
1. What is the purpose of WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Web basically allows you to open your mobile WhatsApp on your computer and then operate it from there. You simply need to go to web.whatsapp.com, go to the link device option of your mobile, and scan the QR code from the computer screen with your mobile scanner and you are good.
2. Is WhatsApp Web safe to use?
Yes, WhatsApp Web is completely safe, provided you are using it from an authentic web browser like Google, Mozilla Firefox, Yahoo, Edge, etc. Using WhatsApp Web on pirated web browsers can cause the risk of malware and loss of private data due to data theft.
3. Is it better to use WhatsApp Web or App?
The answer to this solely depends on your requirement. If you want to use WhatsApp in a portable and faster way use your mobile WhatsApp. If you want to open WhatsApp on a larger screen and keep your phone handy to attend calls, use WhatsApp Web.
Hope this article cleared all your doubts related to What is WhatsApp Web and Desktop. WhatsApp web is the best option to run WhatsApp on your computer if you don’t want to bulk your system unnecessarily with external apps and Android emulators.
If you want to enjoy more of such interesting articles like WhatsApp DP images, make sure to visit us daily on our main page ie., WhatsApp Features Calls Status DP Tips Tricks, and bookmark the official website NewsOzzy.Com for more updates on whatsapp and other social media apps.
- How To Use WhatsApp on iPad in 2022? | Get WhatsApp on iPad for Free
- How To Use Someone’s WhatsApp In Your Mobile in 2022? | Access Someone Else’s WhatsApp
- How To Use One WhatsApp Account In Two Phones? [ Simple tricks ]
- How To Use Dual WhatsApp for Android & iPhone in 2022?
- How To Use WhatsApp Web On Phone 2022? | Access WhatsApp Web on Android/iPhone
- How To Use WhatsApp in Laptop? | Use WhatsApp on Laptop Without Phone, QR Code
- How To Use Two WhatsApp in One Phone in 2022? | Two WhatsApp Accounts
- How To Call From Whatsapp Web in 2022 | WhatsApp Web Video Call
News7 months ago
WhatsApp DP for Students to Free Download | Creative WhatsApp Profile Picture Images that Make you Smile
Instagram10 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2022 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram10 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2022 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News10 months ago
Latest & Cute Cartoon DP for Whatsapp with Quotes | Download Free HD Funny Cartoon Images for Whatsapp Status
News11 months ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News2 years ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News11 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Picture Captions 2022 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News9 months ago
Good Feedback for Teachers from Students Examples | How to Give Feedback for Teachers?