WhatsApp Group Limit: There are more than 1.5 billion users who use Whatsapp almost every single day. Thousands of these users either create group chats or are in a group chat already. These groups are either for business purposes or for family and friends.
Currently, Whatsapp allows 256 users (plus the Admin) to be added to a group. If you are an admin of a group, it automatically grants you the power to make changes in the group. You can add and remove as many people as you want within the limit. But sometimes, you might need to add more than the specified number and that is a tough position to be in.
Thus, in this article, we will share different methods you can try to add more people in a group than what the limit allows. You can use whichever one suits your need.
You can also check out the video attached below to get the job done!
List of contents in this article-
- Why is the Whatsapp Group Limit 256? Reasons behind the Limitation
- How to Add up to 3000 users by sharing an Invite Link (without root)
- Link not working?
- How to Increase WhatsApp Group limit to 10,000 using ES-Explorer
- New group call and video chat limit on Whatsapp
There are many reasons why Whatsapp put the limit at 256. Of course, it started even lower but has been steadily increasing for convenience. Given below are some reasons why it may be so-
Prioritizes Group Members
Whenever there is less of something, it is appreciated more. Similarly, if the members in a WhatsApp chat group are limited, it will influence the admin to add the most important and closest people first. They will only add other people if and when there is space for other people after adding the most important ones. It prioritizes group members and creates a more valuable group chat without unnecessary people in it.
Limiting the chats
It goes without saying that with limited users in a group, the number of messages sent in the group will also stay under control. There will be no over-crowding and thus, no inflow of too many messages. Users will not have to scroll up a lot to find the past messages and understand the context. It will keep them engaged without losing interest. It also decreases unnecessary flooding with unwanted media and messages.
Some internal issues can also be the reason behind the set limit. This issue might be preventing admins from adding more users than the allowed limit in a group chat. The WhatsApp company is trying to increase the limit of users ever since the beginning. Thus, users can expect a rise in the group chat member limit.
You can add more than a limited number of people into a single WhatsApp group chat by sharing the invite link. According to the policy limit, you can only add 256 people directly, but that is not all. You can add more people and increase your limit from 256 to 3000 through this method.
Following are the steps to increase the group chat member limit by sharing the invite link-
- Open your WhatsApp app and tap on the Group Chat you want to add participants in.
- Select the Three-dots or options from the upper right corner.
- Next, tap on the Group info from the options displayed.
- After that, tap on the Invite to Group via Link option.
- At last, share the link with the additional members you want to add to the group.
Now, anyone can join your Whatsapp group by using the link you share with them due to the increased limit.
Be aware that the link method only works if you are using the latest version of Whatsapp. If you are using an outdated version, you might not be able to share the link and invite more members.
If the link is still not working properly, try resetting it by tapping on the Reset option located right below the Share Link option. After that, you can share it with other users.
If the 3000 user limit is still not enough for your requirement, you can try using ES-Explorer to increase your group limit, up to 10,000 members. It is not the most recommended method since this requires your Android phone to be rooted. Try this method at your own risk and absolute necessity. If your Android is not rooted, it will not work. You can do so with the help of multiple videos available online to your liking.
After you have rooted your device, follow the below-given steps to increase your group chat limit-
- Download and install ES File Explorer.
- Go to Menu and enable Root Explore toggle.
- Now, open the ES-Explorer app.
- Tap on the Main Menu or Three lines bar icon.
- Next, select the Local option and then Home from the menu.
- Here, find the Android folder and open it.
- After that, find the Data Folder and tap on it. You will be redirected to the next screen.
- Here, select the folder named com.whatsapp.
- Inside, you will get another folder with the name Shared_prefs.
- Once you open the folder, click on the file name com.whatsapp_prefer.
- From the More option, select the Properties.
- Then, tap on the Change option to change the permissions. Tick all Permissions and Save them.
- Finally, tap to open the file in HTML format and find the line participants_size_limit. Edit the 257 members limit with 9999.
Recently, Whatsapp has also added new features which allow you to directly call 4 and up to 8 participants in a group. If it is a small group, then you don’t have to choose and can call all of them easily. If your group is bigger, you can choose who you want on your call and then proceed.
Now, if you follow the steps correctly, you can easily increase your Whatsapp group limit without having to make multiple groups and share the same information multiple times.
If you have any more doubts about How To Increase Whatsapp Group Limit, please post them in the comments section. Tell us if this article helped you in any way and if you liked our article, be sure to check out our other works as well!
- Affiliate Marketing in India – Beginner’s Guide | How to Start Affiliate Marketing in India and Earn Money?
- Start Working Online & Earn Money by Typing | Get Paid to Type Start Working Today
- All you need to know on How to Earn Extra Income? | Top Supplemental Income Sources
- Work From Home Part Time Online Jobs without Investment | Tips on How to Avoid Work From Home Job Scams
- Whatsapp DP Images, Pictures, Status Photos – New And Stylish Profile Pictures
- Best Whatsapp Mod Download Apps To Hide Your Online Status | Benefits of Top 5 Whatsapp Mods in 2021-2022
- 250+ (Not Boring) Questions To Ask To Get To Know Someone Better
- An Ultimate Instagram Guide 2022: Check Insta Features, Captions, Quotes, Bios, Usernames, Hashtags, Errors & Its Solutions, Tips & Tricks
Instagram2 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2022 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram2 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2022 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News2 months ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News1 year ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News2 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Picture Captions 2022 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
Instagram2 months ago
25+ Famous Relationship Bio for Instagram | Best Instagram Bios for Relationship Status
News2 months ago
100+ Best Cute Sweet Funny Instagram Captions for Sisters Photo | Get Free IG Quotes & Puns for Sisters Selfies
Instagram3 months ago
Good & Bad Mood Captions and Quotes for Instagram | Best Mood Off Captions for Girls & Boys