Installing Windows 11 on Almost Any Unsupported PC | Ways on How to Install Windows 11 Update on Old PCs
The brand new Windows 11, the latest operating system launched by Microsoft. Windows users have witnessed massive improvements in design, performance, speed, and security compared to the older versions of the operating system. Suppose you are trying to use the preview version of this new operating system. In that case, it is necessary for you to have a Windows 7 operating system or any later version running on your device.
The Windows 11 operating system that has been released in the Microsoft Insider Program is a pre-beta release of the Windows 11 and is stable enough to be used as a primary operating system. The pre-beta release is why the installation process often requires rooting of the device, which usually destroys the warranty and could make your device inoperable. The warranty aspect is one crucial point that every user switching to the new operating system must know. Now, this article will help you install Windows 11 preview version on any unsupported device at ease. That being said, let us now take a look at a few steps that you can use to get Windows 11 up and running on your device.
- How do I Install Windows 11 Insider Preview on Unsupported Devices?
- Alternate Method to Install Windows 11 Insider Preview Build on Old PCs
How do I Install Windows 11 Insider Preview on Unsupported Devices?
There are many reasons for installing the brand new Windows 11. It is faster, smoother, more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, and of course, up-to-date. It offers simplicity, which increases the user’s creativity and productivity.
But unfortunately, all devices don’t support this new update as Microsoft themselves have set up some privacy measures. These unsupported devices can be posted 2016 models which lack the TPM 2.0. Or they could be running a version of windows that is lower than Windows 7.
These steps are how you can install the windows 11 preview if your device doesn’t support it. These simple steps will allow you to use the Windows 11 preview on any desired device of your choice –
- Press on the (Win + I) keys. By pressing them, they will navigate you to the Windows Settings.
- Select the Update and Security option
- Then, you shall proceed to click on the ‘Windows Insider Program’ option
- Press the ‘Get started’ button.
- You can then click on the ‘Link an Account’ and connect your Microsoft account.
- You have to select your Microsoft account and click on the ‘Continue’ option.
- Move to the next page and select the Release Preview Channel option
- You will have to select the confirm button to continue
- You will again have to select the confirm button by agreeing to the terms and conditions
- Proceed to select the Restart option if and when it is prompted to you.
- When your Windows device restarts, you have to sign in to your Windows account.
- You then move on to clicking on ‘Start.’
- Type out the text given below and press enter: ‘regedit’
By doing this, it will take you to open the Registry Editor. Once you are on Registry Editor, you must navigate the mentioned path.
If you don’t find any of the entries mentioned earlier, you will have to go back to the Windows Insider Program and enroll yourself again.
Alternate Method to Install Windows 11 Insider Preview Build on Old PCs
If the method mentioned earlier does not allow installing the preview Windows 11 on your device, don’t worry. You can use the below mentioned alternate method –
- Press on the Start button
- Type ‘Regedit’ and click on the enter button to open the Registry Editor
- Proceed to navigate the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability
- Follow with double-clicking on the BranchName button/key and then change the value data to Dev and press on OK
- Following the same pattern, you can change the value data of ContentType to Mainline
- Then proceed to change the value data of the Ring key External
- Then close the Registry Editor
- Restart your device
The steps mentioned earlier should successfully help you receive the preview builds from Windows Insider Program, even for a device that does not support TPM 2.0 or has a processor without support.
So now your unsupported device is also ready to be tested with the Windows 11 Preview Builds. Let us know in the comments if you have any queries or suggestions.
- Welcome Notice for Students Examples | How do you Welcome Incoming Students in School?
- NCERT Books PDF Free Download for Class 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 , 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1
- How To Use WhatsApp on iPad in 2022? | Get WhatsApp on iPad for Free
- How To Use Someone’s WhatsApp In Your Mobile in 2022? | Access Someone Else’s WhatsApp
- How To Use One WhatsApp Account In Two Phones? [ Simple tricks ]
- How To Use Dual WhatsApp for Android & iPhone in 2022?
- How To Use WhatsApp Web On Phone 2022? | Access WhatsApp Web on Android/iPhone
- How To Use WhatsApp in Laptop? | Use WhatsApp on Laptop Without Phone, QR Code
News9 months ago
WhatsApp DP for Students to Free Download | Creative WhatsApp Profile Picture Images that Make you Smile
Instagram12 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2022 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram12 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2022 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News11 months ago
Latest & Cute Cartoon DP for Whatsapp with Quotes | Download Free HD Funny Cartoon Images for Whatsapp Status
News1 year ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News2 years ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News1 year ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Picture Captions 2022 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News11 months ago
Good Feedback for Teachers from Students Examples | How to Give Feedback for Teachers?