Wireless Print Server for USB Printer: Wireless Printed is slowly becoming the rage everywhere as it allows multiple people to use the same device at work. However, Network-ready printers can sometimes burn a hole in your pocket and it is a hassle upgrading your USB Printer.
The easy solution here is to turn the USB Printer into a wireless printer. That makes it quite easy to use and it becomes mobile.
You can simply use Raspberry Pi on your USB Printer to connect with all the devices in wireless mode. Or you can also connect it with a router and add your printer on Windows 10 PC. This can be done on the same wireless network. Raspberry Pi is a hassle-free way as you can still use it when the router goes out of power for a while.
There are 2 methods through which you can turn your USB Printer into a wireless printer. We will discuss it further in the article.
- How does a DIY Wireless Printer work?
- Wireless Print Server for USB Printer
- Using a Router to Print Wireless
- Ethernet Connection for Printer to Router
- Print wirelessly using a PC connected to Router
- Raspberry Pi for Wireless Printer
- Raspberry Pi compatibility
- How to Raspberry Pi make Wireless Printer: CUPS
A wired printer cannot become wireless just by removing the wire. The router is the medium through which the devices are connected and the printer is connected via the LAN from the router.
The printer gets all the access from the router that provides it with an IP address wirelessly. You need to add the printer on your PC (Windows 10) to print out anything after setting up.
It is quite easy to create a wireless printer, especially when you need your laptop to be mobile. You can do this through Raspberry Pi or by using a router. Both methods are very simple and it will take you only a couple of minutes.
You need to connect your printer with your router using an Ethernet cable directly in the LAN port in this method. After the router is connected, you can get the printer revised on your PC without any wired connection.
You do not need to connect your printer with the PC but you need a wired connection between the router and the printer. After that, you can print any document according to your wish.
For wireless printing, your printer needs to be connected with the router through an Ethernet cable. The wireless router is a medium of connection and the ethernet cable is the only set-up accessory you need.
It is very easy to connect the printer to the router.
- Fit one part of a two-part ethernet cable to the router and the other to the printer. Find out the IP address from the IP settings of the printer.
- Go to ‘Printers and Scanners’ under ‘Devices’ on your PC. Add your Printing device by entering the IP address.
After the set-up, you will be able to print anything at ease. Ensure that the IP settings are permanent otherwise it will keep changing every time you turn on your printer.
You also need your printer to work wirelessly from your PC as well. So, you can do this by connecting your existing router. You can follow the steps given below.
- Set up your PC only after you connect the LAN port and get the IP address.
- You can connect your PC with an external drive if you do not have wireless access to the router.
- Press Ctrl+P on the document and select the wireless printer to print it out.
Raspberry Pi is software that you can easily install inside a printer. To use this software, you require a MicroSD card as a hard drive. The Raspberry Pi is a computer board that connects to the printer and makes it wireless.
All your devices are connected to the Raspberry Pi circuit wirelessly to print out any document. The step-by-step guide on how to install the software through USB is given here.
The Raspbian software is only available on Linux or Windows 10 which means that you cannot operate it on any other system. Apart from this, you need a USB cable and a MicroSD card to install the recipient software. This software will connect the device for wireless printing.
Getting a Raspberry Pi of any model makes your work of converting a USB Printer into a wireless printer very easy. You just have to follow the 4 simple steps given below.
- Install the Raspberry Pi on your printer and install the image file of the software using a USB. This will enable your printer to function wirelessly.
- After the first step, install the ‘Common Unix Printing System’. This software is required to run the Raspberry Pi software on your printer.
- Type the two commands: Sudo apt install samba and sudo apt install cups on the terminal.
- To allow permission for printing, enter sudo usermod -aG Ipadmin pi.
- Allow the permission for printing on all devices by typing the command ” cupsctl -remote-admin -remote-any–share-printers ” on the terminal.
- Login to the PI administration by opening 127.0.0. 1:631. Here, your username will be pi and the password is raspberry by default. Select the correct driver to add the printer. After setting it up, your wireless printer is completely ready.
Conclusion on Wireless Print Server for USB Printer
There are two ways through which you can effectively convert your USB Printer into a wireless printer. The steps for Wireless Print Server for USB Printer are very simple and you just need the right tools to get your printer running.
- How to Disable WhatsApp Web’s Persistent Notification in 2021? | Know WhatsApp Web is Currently Active Meaning
- Best Methods to Freeze Last Seen on WhatsApp in 2021 | How to Hide Last Seen on WhatsApp?
- How To Know If Your WhatsApp Is Being Monitored? | How Can I Stop & Secure WhatsApp From Monitoring by Someone?
- Colored Text Generator Copy and Paste on WhatsApp | How to Change Text Color in WhatsApp Status
- Guide on WhatsApp Unblock Hack 2021 | Unblock Yourself On WhatsApp With These Hacks Easily
- How To Use WhatsApp on PC without QR Code? | Steps to Operate WhatsApp Web Messenger On Desktop Easily
- Happy Children’s Day 2021 WhatsApp Status Videos, Wishes, Quotes, Gifs, DP’s, Stickers, Posters | Essay & Speech on Children’s Day in English, Hindi, Telugu
- Multiple Ways You Can Try To Increase Your Whatsapp Group Limit To 10k
Instagram1 year ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2020 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram1 year ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2020 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News1 year ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News12 months ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News2 months ago
How To Spot Fake Accounts on Social Media – Telegram, WhatsApp, and Signal
News3 months ago
Snapchat Usernames Guide: Snapchat Username Ideas, How to Change Username on Snapchat & Best Snapchat Names List
News12 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Captions 2020 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News2 months ago
Happy Dasara WhatsApp Status 2021 Video Free Download | Share Vijaya Dashami Status Images, Wishes, Quotes on WhatsApp