Snapchat changed the definition of social media with its unique features. One of them is sharing pictures and stuff for a specified amount of time and then the post deleting itself. It is a fun and secure way of communicating. It also notifies you every time someone takes a screenshot of your snaps and personal messages. But sometimes you need a break and we are here to tell you how to do it. Just Disable Snapchat Account Temporarily & live peacefully.
The constant exposure to social media, like any other thing in life, can be harmful if it is done too much. Everything should be done within a limit. That’s why, it is important to take small breaks from time to time, even from Snapchat. Since merely deleting the app is not enough, disabling the app instead is a more solid option to take a small break.
- Is it Possible to Disable Snapchat Account only temporarily?
- How to Disable Your Snapchat Account
- What happens to Your Data and Account once you Delete it?
- How to Re-activate Your Account?
- Possibility of Extending the 30-day Period
Yes! It is very much possible to deactivate your Snapchat Account only temporarily. Social media apps can get quite overwhelming at times and it becomes necessary for us to take a step back from them. You may have heard trendy terms like “Social Media Detox” going around. Taking a break and connecting with the world around you is exactly that.
Simply uninstalling the apps does not work as it is pretty easy to get tempted to get back on it but no worries since Snapchat allows you to delete the app temporarily for a fixed period of time.
Snapchat obviously does its best to hide the option of disabling the app from us and not encourage it but it is possible. With some guidance and resolution, you can disable the app for a 30-day period. Though, it is necessary for you to re-activate your account before these 30 days are over if you don’t want your account to get permanently deleted once the time is up.
For obvious reasons, Snapchat does not make it an easy process. You can not disable your account while using the app. The app itself does not provide you with any such option. The only way to do so is by using the official Web portal.
Follow the below-given steps to attain your goal efficiently-
- First, open your web browser (preferably on a desktop). Search and open Snapchat on your browser.
- Now, enter your credentials and Log in to your account.
- Once you Log in, you will find yourself in the Manage My Account page.
- Here, select the Delete My Account option (and don’t worry, it will not delete right away)
- Now, you will be taken to the last Delete Account page. Here, you will be required to re-enter your Username and Password to confirm your decision.
- Once, you re-enter your details, tap on the Continue button to complete the last step. By doing so, your Snapchat account will be deactivated temporarily.
You can safely enjoy your time off of Snapchat without worrying about your account and data saved on it. Once you disable your account from the web portal, Snapchat makes your account invisible to all your friends and connections on the app.
Your friends will not be able to send you any snaps or view previous conversations with you any longer. Your profile and even all your memories, snaps, stories, and chats will become invisible. No one can find you and no new person can add you to their Friend list.
However, you do not need to worry about losing your profile or any of the data permanently right away. For 30 days, everything is securely saved on their server and can be restored before the 30-day limit is up. Though make sure to re-activate and restore your data on time or it will delete permanently once the time exceeds the given limit.
Now you are going through your temporary detox period and some time into it, realize that you are ready to get back to your snaps and streaks. When this happens, you can simply re-activate your account without any qualms. You can restore your profile and all your data associated with it. It will pick up from right where you left off.
The process to re-activate your account is super simple. Your log-in details remain active for 30 days before getting permanently deleted. So, all you have to do is install the Snapchat app on your device again and Log in using your old username and password like you would normally do. And that’s it, you are almost back in!
Once you log in, Snapchat will initiate a long log-in process. It might even take up to 24 hours before your account is actually activated again to be used. Keep checking every few hours, and once it is done, you are set to use Snapchat as usual.
On the other hand, if you realize that the time off is doing you good and you would like to extend your 30-day period without losing your account and data, it might not be as simple. Snapchat does not allow you to stay off the app any longer in any way other than deleting your account for good.
Clever tip- Do not be disheartened though, because there is one clever way to beat the system. Even though the app doesn’t allow you to extend the 30-day period, there are no qualms about installing the app and then disabling it again using the same process mentioned in this article.
Simply re-store your account and then delete it again on the same day (if you have the self-control). This will reset your temporary disable period and now you can enjoy some more time off!
You can deactivate your Snapchat account without losing anything using our guide ‘Disable Snapchat Account Temporarily’ as long as you don’t lose track of time. In case you do lose your account permanently, read our article on Two Simple Ways to Unlock your Permanently Locked Snapchat Account. Post any other queries in the comment section and if you liked this article, do check out our other content!
- Affiliate Marketing in India – Beginner’s Guide | How to Start Affiliate Marketing in India and Earn Money?
- Start Working Online & Earn Money by Typing | Get Paid to Type Start Working Today
- All you need to know on How to Earn Extra Income? | Top Supplemental Income Sources
- Work From Home Part Time Online Jobs without Investment | Tips on How to Avoid Work From Home Job Scams
- Whatsapp DP Images, Pictures, Status Photos – New And Stylish Profile Pictures
- Best Whatsapp Mod Download Apps To Hide Your Online Status | Benefits of Top 5 Whatsapp Mods in 2021-2022
- 250+ (Not Boring) Questions To Ask To Get To Know Someone Better
- An Ultimate Instagram Guide 2022: Check Insta Features, Captions, Quotes, Bios, Usernames, Hashtags, Errors & Its Solutions, Tips & Tricks
Instagram2 months ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2022 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram2 months ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2022 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News2 months ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News1 year ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News2 months ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Picture Captions 2022 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
Instagram2 months ago
25+ Famous Relationship Bio for Instagram | Best Instagram Bios for Relationship Status
News2 months ago
100+ Best Cute Sweet Funny Instagram Captions for Sisters Photo | Get Free IG Quotes & Puns for Sisters Selfies
Instagram3 months ago
Good & Bad Mood Captions and Quotes for Instagram | Best Mood Off Captions for Girls & Boys