Freeze Last Seen on WhatsApp: WhatsApp is a common instant messaging application commonly used to send messages, images, audio, and video clips. WhatsApp has a lot of privacy features such as end-to-end encryption, stored messages, and more.
WhatsApp also gives its users the ability to control their privacy via Settings. For instance, if you don’t want others to know when you were last online on WhatsApp, you can freeze or hide your “Last Seen” status.
Sometimes things can get awkward if someone knows when you were last online on WhatsApp as they might be expecting an immediate reply from you. In such situations, you might not be able to come up with a good response right off the bat and this might lead the other person to think that you are intentionally ignoring them, which might not be true.
Thus, to avoid all that tension, you can freeze your “Last Seen” status on WhatsApp as illustrated by the various steps in this article.
- What does it mean to Freeze Last Seen on WhatsApp?
- How To Freeze Last Seen on WhatsApp for One Person?
- How Can I Freeze “Last Seen” Using WhatsApp Plus?
- How to Freeze Last Seen in GB WhatsApp?
- Steps to Hide your “Last Seen” on iPhone
- How To Hide “Last Seen” on BlackBerry 7 OS?
- Why should you hide your “Last Seen”?
- Can you freeze your timestamp on WhatsApp?
- Is it possible to show the wrong “Last Seen” on WhatsApp?
To freeze your “Last Seen” on your WhatsApp means that you can trick someone by showing when you were last online to appear as if you were online some hours ago when the truth is that you were online just a few minutes or seconds ago. The contact who checks your online status will be seeing a frozen timestamp. For example, when you set your timestamp to a particular time, say, 10:00 AM, all your contacts will see your “Last Seen” as “Last Seen today at 10:00 AM” even if you were online a minute ago.
There are several apps that can help you to create a fake “last seen” status on WhatsApp and freeze your “last seen” status on WhatsApp. Here are some apps via which you can do so:
The steps given below show you a trick where you can freeze your “last seen” timestamp for a particular person only, where you can see the contact’s “Last Seen” status but your “last seen” is hidden.
- Step 1: Open your WhatsApp Plus and tap on “Settings” via the three horizontal dots on the top right-hand corner of the screen. Select “Account” and select “Privacy”.
- Step 2: Now, go to the “Last Seen” section and select “My contact” for the last seen visibility.
- Step 3: Go to your WhatsApp contact list and delete the contact from whom you wish to hide your “Last Seen”. Upon deleting the contact from your device, the contact will no longer be able to see your “Last Seen” details.
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp Plus on your device and click on “Settings” via the three horizontal dots on the top right-hand corner of the screen. Now, select “Privacy”.
- Step 2: Upon selecting “Privacy”, an option is known as the “Hide Online Status” will appear asking you to hide your WhatsApp status.
- Step 3: Select the “Hide Online Status” option. Now, WhatsApp Plus will automatically record the time that you have chosen, say 6:00 PM, and show this as your last seen to your contacts, even if you were last online some hours ago.
- Open GBWhatsApp on your device and go to the “Settings” via the three horizontal dots on the top right-hand corner of the screen. Now, select “Privacy”.
- Upon selecting “Privacy”, an option is known as the “Hide Online Status” will appear asking you to hide your WhatsApp status.
- Select the “Hide Online Status” option. Now, GBWhatsApp will automatically record the time that you have chosen, say 8:00 PM, and show this as your last seen to your contacts, even if you were online just a while ago.
Note: Freezing your “Last Seen” on GBWhatsApp is the same procedure as freezing your “Last Seen” on WhatsApp Plus. Installing GBWhatsApp + Apk application on your device will not only enable you to fake your “Last Seen” as a particular time when you were online some hours ago but also let you see others’ “Last Seen”. The features of this application include Blue Ticks, Second Tick, Writing Status, Recording, and Blue Microphone, with which a user can customize their device without any hassle.
- Open WhatsApp on your device and click on “Settings” via the three horizontal dots on the top right-hand corner of the screen. Select “Account” and select “Privacy”.
- Now, go to the “Last Seen” section. By default, “Last Seen” will already have been selected as “Everyone”. Select the > arrow in front of “Last Seen” and select “Nobody”.
- Upon selecting “Nobody” a blue tick mark will appear. This indicates that you have successfully hidden your “Last Seen” on WhatsApp from your iPhone.
- Open WhatsApp on your device and select “Settings” placed on the top right-hand corner of the screen and indicated by a gear wheel symbol.
- Upon selecting “Settings”, click on “Privacy Settings” and select the “Last Seen” option.
- Select your “Last Seen“ option as “Nobody” and your contacts will no longer be able to see your “Last Seen” timestamp.
Hiding your “Last Seen” status may sound unethical, however, one’s privacy is quite important. Sometimes social media creates a misunderstanding between people and strains relationships. You may be working online, or having a meeting online, or chatting about work with your boss or colleagues, and you might not respond immediately to the texts of your friends or family, leading them to misunderstand thinking that you do not want to talk to them or are avoiding them, which is not true.
Sometimes, it might also be the case where your Boss sees you online and thinks that instead of you working, you might be chatting, and at such times, may cause problems in your work. This is why privacy is important and sometimes hiding your “Last Seen” might be beneficial.
Yes, you can freeze your timestamp on WhatsApp. You can freeze your timestamp by opening WhatsApp and navigating to Settings > Privacy > Last Seen > Nobody.
After you have set your “Last Seen” to “Nobody”, your timestamp will be frozen to others. Alternatively, you can set your “Last Seen” to “My Contacts” which only allows people in your contacts to see your timestamp.
Yes, it is possible to show the wrong “Last Seen” on WhatsApp. At times, the “Last Seen” is inaccurate because WhatsApp might be still running on your background even though you’ve exited it.
To prevent this from happening, you need to force close WhatsApp after exiting it. Force closing WhatsApp will ensure that your “Last Seen” is accurate.
Sometimes it becomes necessary to hide the “Last Seen” on WhatsApp as you might not want others to know when you were last online. To avoid misunderstanding and unnecessary arguments, the best way out would be to “Freeze Last Seen on WhatsApp” and can simply fake your timestamp to a particular time. This article shows various methods through which one can “freeze” their “Last Seen”.
- How to Hide Your WhatsApp “Online Status” While Chatting in Android and iPhone?
- Can I Send Whatsapp Message to Unsaved Number From PC, Android, iPhone? | 2022 Whatsapp Tips & Tricks
- 8 Best Online Tracker Apps for Whatsapp Notifications and Last Seen in 2022
- Why Whatsapp Images and Videos are not Showing in my Gallery – Android & iOS (2022)?
- How To Fix Common Whatsapp Problems Easily? | Simple Guide To Solve Whatsapp Not Working Issue 2022
- Happy Pongal 2022: Best Wishes Images, Quotes, Shayari, Gifs, Wallpapers HD, Greetings, Background Pics to Share with Loved Ones on Pongal Festival
- Happy Pongal WhatsApp Status Video Download for Free 2022 | Makar Sankranti Festival Status Wishes in English, Telugu, Tamil, Hindi | WhatsApp DP’s & Stickers for Pongal 2022
- Happy Pongal Rangoli Designs: Special Makar Sankranthi Chukkala Muggulu, Trending Haldi Kumkum Rangoli Designs for Uttarayan/Kite Festival 2022
Instagram1 year ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2020 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram1 year ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2020 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News1 year ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
News1 year ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News1 year ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Captions 2020 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News4 months ago
How To Spot Fake Accounts on Social Media – Telegram, WhatsApp, and Signal
News5 months ago
Snapchat Usernames Guide: Snapchat Username Ideas, How to Change Username on Snapchat & Best Snapchat Names List
Instagram1 year ago
25+ Famous Relationship Bio for Instagram | Best Instagram Bios for Relationship Status