How to call from WhatsApp Web in 2022: We all know that WhatsApp has evolved its experience to a whole new level with WhatsApp Web. This medium has helped users surf WhatsApp on their computers with the comfort of a large screen and phone independence. So, when it comes to WhatsApp Web and all the features it bestows upon us, we may wonder how to call from WhatsApp Web on a laptop. In this article, we are going to share everything related to WhatsApp Web calls to help you enjoy your WhatsApp Web experience to the utmost. Also, do check our Best WhatsApp Web Tips and Tricks article if you haven’t already.
- How To Call Someone From WhatsApp Web?
- Steps on How to Voice Call From WhatsApp Web
- How To Make Video Call In WhatsApp Web on Laptop?
- WhatsApp Video Call On PC Windows 10
- How To Receive Calls From WhatsApp Web?
- WhatsApp Desktop Video Call Not Working
- FAQs on How To Call From WhatsApp Web in 2022
How To Call Someone From Whatsapp Web?
Well, unfortunately, WhatsApp Web, on its own, doesn’t provide you with any in-built default feature to make audio and video calls on your computer. This is one of those WhatsApp Messenger features that are not available on WhatsApp Web, like location, etc.
So, does it mean we will not be able to make WhatsApp calls from our computer? “No, as long as we have dedicated software applications to help us,” is the answer. Before placing any call, WhatsApp will ask you to grant the necessary permissions for accessing your computer’s microphone and webcam. This WhatsApp web desktop calling feature is compatible with versions not less than Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 and macOS 10.13.
Steps on How to Voice Call From Whatsapp Web
As mentioned earlier, you cannot make an audio call on WhatsApp Web by itself. So if you are wondering how to make an audio call from WhatsApp Web, then follow the steps mentioned below thoroughly.
- Firstly, install the WhatsApp Desktop application on your computer. If you are a Windows user, open the Microsoft Store; if you are a Mac user, try the App Store; search for WhatsApp Desktop and click on Get and Download for MAC and iOS, respectively, to download the app on your computer.
- Launch the app and complete the set of configurations by scanning the QR code with the help of your smartphone’s WhatsApp scanner.
- Once that’s done, you will now be able to access your WhatsApp contacts. To make a voice call, open the conversation screen of that particular contact and click on the caller icon in the top right corner to initiate a voice call.
Make sure to give the necessary microphone and speaker access to the WhatsApp Desktop app on your computer prior to this.
Also read: WhatsApp Web Scan App Download
How To Make Video Call In WhatsApp Web in Laptop?
WhatsApp Web doesn’t have the default video call button like your smartphone’s WhatsApp Messenger. Hence, to make video calls on WhatsApp Web, install WhatsApp Desktop from whatsapp.com or WhatsApp Messenger from BlueStacks. After installation and logging in via QR code or phone number, follow the below steps:
- Launch WhatsApp Desktop first and scan the QR code to get yourself logged in, just as mentioned in WhatsApp Web Login.
- Next, to initiate a video call, first select the contacts section of the WhatsApp Desktop and click on the three-dot settings button on the top right. A drop-down menu will appear; choose the “Create a room” option.
- Just after this, a pop-up window will be opening again where you need to click on Continue in Messenger. Also, you are required to have an active Facebook Messenger app to use this feature.
- At this point, you will see the DP of the person you are planning to video call. Below this, you need to click on the Create Room as Your first name> option.
- At this point, a video chat screen will open along with a WhatsApp group video call link. Continue chatting over this call or copy this link and share it with others to join the group chat.
Also do check: How To Open WhatsApp Web Scan?
WhatsApp Video Call on PC Windows 10
PCs have stolen the show more than phones these days owing to their large screens and independent features. This is also related to making WhatsApp audio and video calls on computers to help you interact with your friends and family easily. You will be able to view all your member’s crystal clearly and chat with them while also keeping your mobile free to attend important calls.
But before that, if you are wondering how to open and operate WhatsApp on your computer, you must refer to our WhatsApp Download PC article regarding that. You will be able to start a WhatsApp audio or video call either through dedicated applications like WhatsApp Desktop or directly on Android emulators as well.
Must read: WhatsApp Web QR Code Generator
How To Receive Calls From WhatsApp Web?
To receive WhatsApp Web calls from your friends and family, you need to have your configurations set up from before. Firstly, if you are OK with answering calls on your phone, then you need not make any setups. Just make sure your phone has an active internet connection and receives the call when it comes.
If you want to answer WhatsApp Web calls from your computer, you must either install WhatsApp Desktop and log in to your WhatsApp account, or have your Facebook Messenger Rooms and WhatsApp Web set up. In case you are facing issues with the incoming call notifications, follow WhatsApp Notification Not Coming.
WhatsApp Desktop Video Call not working
The WhatsApp Desktop app’s video call feature may have certain bugs and stop working as reported by many users. Also, Messenger Rooms will not work if you are someone who doesn’t have an active Facebook Messenger. In such cases, we need to rely on WhatsApp Web Video Call Download to help us with making voice and video calls. Let’s see what the steps are:
- First, fetch the official link for whatsapp.com on your computer web browser and, once the official page opens, click on the Download button from the top bar.
- Next, you will see the configuration settings page open. Go to the left half and select your mobile device category: Android or iPhone.
- Next, go to the right half of the page and tap on Download for Windows or MacOS to get it downloaded on your computer.
- After installation, launch the app and you will see a QR code on the screen. Open your smart phone’s WhatsApp Messenger, click Linked devices, followed by Link a Device, and scan this QR code to log into your account.
- After logging in, go to the contact you want to call, and you will see buttons for audio and video calls on the top right half of the chat screen.
Another shortcut is to go with any Android emulator like Blue Stacks or Memu Play and install WhatsApp Messenger, if your computer has enough storage and capacity to run that heavy-duty package. You must refer to WhatsApp Download PC for Windows/Mac for detailed steps and enjoy WhatsApp calling just like on your phone.
FAQs on How to call from WhatsApp Web in 2022
1. Is it possible to make a call from WhatsApp Web?
Yes, if not directly through the browser version of WhatsApp Web, you can make calls by installing the desktop version of WhatsApp Web. If the desktop version doesn’t work for you, use Messenger rooms to make calls.
2. How do I make a WhatsApp call from my computer?
To make a WhatsApp call on a PC, download and log into WhatsApp Desktop first. Then go to the chat screen of the contact you wish to call and click on the caller option in the top right corner to initiate the call. For video calls, use Messenger Rooms, as mentioned more clearly in WhatsApp Web Video Call.
3. What is the best app for WhatsApp Web Video Call Download?
The best app by far to help you make audio and video calls on WhatsApp is WhatsApp Desktop. You can find this easily on the Microsoft Store if you are a Windows user and the App Store if you are a Mac user.
4. How do I use a computer to make a WhatsApp Web video call?
To make WhatsApp Web video calls on a computer, install WhatsApp Desktop first from the Microsoft Store or MAC iOS, log into your account and go to the three-dot button under contacts. Tap Continue in Messenger Create a Room as your name> and share the link with anyone you want to invite.
We hope now that making and receiving WhatsApp Web audio and video calls has been a piece of cake for you. Make sure to use the latest versions of WhatsApp, Chrome, and an active internet connection to avoid any unforseen hindrances. Follow NewsOzzy.Com for more such easy yet helpful articles, and don’t forget to check WhatsApp Features, Calls Status, DP Tips, and Tricks before you leave.
- Indian Pacer Deepak Chahar Likely To Miss White-ball series against South Africa
- Funny Memes on Mushfiqur Rahim’s Dismissal in 2nd Test Between BAN vs NZ
- Happy Birthday Jasprit Bumrah: The Yorker Specialist Who Silences Crowd with His Boom Boom Deliveries
- Reaction of Fans as Ravi Bishnoi Becomes New ICC’s World No.1 T20I Bowler
- Indian Cricket Team Departed From Bengaluru For South Africa Tour
- “Will Play IPL until I can’t walk anymore”: Glenn Maxwell calls T20 league greatest learning experience
- Sreesanth Casually Mentioned About MS Dhoni in Striking Remark About Rohit
- Rishabh Pant Shares Fitness Update Ahead of IPL 2024, Spotted Working Out in Gym
News1 year ago
WhatsApp DP for Students to Free Download | Creative WhatsApp Profile Picture Images that Make you Smile
News2 years ago
Top 100 Funny Group Chat Names for WhatsApp & Other Social Media Apps | Best Cute Cool Fun Ideas for Group Names
Instagram2 years ago
Top 200+ Best Cute Cool Instagram Bio Ideas of 2022 That You Can Copy-Paste Easily
Instagram2 years ago
300+ Best Instagram Username Ideas 2022 for Boys & Girls New Profiles on Insta
News3 years ago
100+ Best Captions for Brother’s Handsome Photo That You Can Copy And Paste Easily
News2 years ago
Latest & Cute Cartoon DP for Whatsapp with Quotes | Download Free HD Funny Cartoon Images for Whatsapp Status
News2 years ago
Best Cute Funny Throwback Picture Captions 2022 | Unique Flashback Quotes for Instagram Posts & Stories
News2 years ago
100+ Best Cute Sweet Funny Instagram Captions for Sisters Photo | Get Free IG Quotes & Puns for Sisters Selfies